PDA

View Full Version : Aloha everyone

Andun
04-19-2008, 03:35 AM
:wave: It sure is good to be back folks from Hawaii!:eek: Sounds strange huh? My missus and I had a good time there of course but were distracted most of the time as we had just put an offer in on a house we were interested in (our first since we got married 5 years ago.) When we got back we found that it was accepted:thumbsup: Now I cannot seem able to concentrate on my paintings as I have to prepare for all the renovations my wife has in mind and with me as the renovator:lol: I will be using a MUCH bigger brush soon! The good news though is that I have chosen one huge room on the second floor surrounded by windows and with a balcony as my new studio:thumbsup: Finally,I can leave my stuff out after starting a new piece without having to clear it away every night!
Since we got back I have tried to paint a rose(What a disaster that turned out to be:eek: ) and then I tried a bunch of surfers at Waikiki and that too is ugliness personified:crying: so I think I better lay low for a while until I can concentrate on the canvas.What do you think?
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Apr-2008/84252-rosey.JPG http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Apr-2008/84252-surf_wai.JPG

idylbrush
04-19-2008, 03:41 AM
Glad to have you back and I can certainly understand your excitement about the house.

Distractions while good for the soul may not be good for art.

These are good but not quite up to your standard. You may be right to put these aside for a bit until you can concentrate on the canvas again. I do think both have great potential, especially the rose.

Welcome back, glad to see you here again, you have been missed.

Lulu
04-19-2008, 03:48 AM
Yay! Welcome back Tony!!:clap::clap: and congrats on the new house too!

I prefer the rose - has a nice asbtract look to it.

Andun
04-19-2008, 03:54 AM
Glad to have you back and I can certainly understand your excitement about the house.

Distractions while good for the soul may not be good for art.

These are good but not quite up to your standard. You may be right to put these aside for a bit until you can concentrate on the canvas again. I do think both have great potential, especially the rose.

Welcome back, glad to see you here again, you have been missed.
You are so much more than kind Howard:thumbsup: I have missed being here with all of you kind people! I am going to take your advice and take a break from the canvas for a while.These two have a kernel of goodness that may shine through some day but I have to think of table saws,mitre saw and plaster board for a while. Thanks again for the welcome Howard:wave:

Andun
04-19-2008, 03:56 AM
Yay! Welcome back Tony!!:clap::clap: and congrats on the new house too!

I prefer the rose - has a nice asbtract look to it.
Yay:D Hi Lulu:wave: thanks and thanks for the welcome and congrats:lol: I can't wait to have the studio set up and finished!

howyadoin
04-19-2008, 04:27 AM
Paintings look great.
Could this lead to an eventual trip to, say, Vancouver?

sonita
04-19-2008, 07:11 AM
Welcome back Tony :) glad you had a wonderful time with your wife in Hawaii! Oh my....Your own house and a studio..holy smokes, this is wonderful news. I can understand your excitement and all the work you will put into it will be worthwhile. Congratulations to the both of you :)
Regarding your paintings - Both of them have good bones but I can also see that you had other things going on in your head while working on these. Maybe put them aside for a while and finish them off in your new studio?
Soni

C_Line
04-19-2008, 08:05 AM
So good to hear from you again Tony and even better to hear your exciting news - sounds like you're in for an awesome studio! Congratulations.

OkeeKat
04-19-2008, 08:54 AM
Welcome back and congrats on your new home and I'm sure your looking forward to your new studio!!
Nice paintings, The figures in the surfer are realy great, I like them both.

loobyteacher
04-19-2008, 09:26 AM
Oh the torture of a Hawaiian vacation and return to a new home with a nice studio!!! Congratulations and welcome back

edtree
04-19-2008, 09:41 AM
:wave: Hi Anthony! Welcome back!

I don't think you're giving these enough credit. The second was especially good, I thought. Great contrasts, good job on all the figures and lots of action/movement. The only thing I would change would be to vary the color on either the boats or the distant rocky areas - probably the rocky area.

I'm excited for you as you prepare for your upcoming transition into your very own home - WITH a studio! Congratulations!!!!! :clap: :clap:

Elizabeth

Linee
04-19-2008, 10:08 AM
These are fun paintings. I'm for you that you're getting a bigger/better studio. :)

~~Kathleen
04-19-2008, 10:21 AM
So you said "Aloha" to Hawaii, and now "Sayonara" to one place in lieu of another. How exciting.
What Prefecture are you living in? When I was in Japan last spring, we were in Okayama, and toured Kyoto/Okayama city and the Sami beach area, as well as many of the wonderful Castles and Temples there.
It was wonderful. Such a clean country.

I am not clicking with the water scene, but I do like the crop and the look of the rose.
Welcome back, you were missed.
~~Kathleen

tonyjazz
04-19-2008, 10:38 AM
A Trip to Hawaii is GOOD Tony! Welcome Back. I like the surf scene. Very tropical colors.

LavenderFrost
04-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Congrats on the house! Have fun painting walls! :lol: I did a lot of that last year. I hope you will put some of your creativity into decorating. The new studio will be great. Does it have north windows?

Andun
04-20-2008, 07:03 AM
Paintings look great.
Could this lead to an eventual trip to, say, Vancouver?
Thanks Brett:) No trips to Vancouver anytime soon sir as I am gonna be a one man renovation crew for a while!

Andun
04-20-2008, 07:05 AM
Welcome back Tony :) glad you had a wonderful time with your wife in Hawaii! Oh my....Your own house and a studio..holy smokes, this is wonderful news. I can understand your excitement and all the work you will put into it will be worthwhile. Congratulations to the both of you :)
Regarding your paintings - Both of them have good bones but I can also see that you had other things going on in your head while working on these. Maybe put them aside for a while and finish them off in your new studio?
Soni
Thanks Soni:) It was a good trip but we spent toooooo much! Man oh man I can't wait for tomorrow morning to get the keys to my own house.It is going to be great to build it just the way I want it:) an artistic touch,eh!

Andun
04-20-2008, 07:08 AM
So good to hear from you again Tony and even better to hear your exciting news - sounds like you're in for an awesome studio! Congratulations.
Thanks a bunch Celeste:) My studio will be the last room to get renovated but it is going to be worth it!!! I am SOOOOOOOO excited I can't wait!!!:D

Andun
04-20-2008, 07:11 AM
Welcome back and congrats on your new home and I'm sure your looking forward to your new studio!!
Nice paintings, The figures in the surfer are realy great, I like them both.
Hi Kathie:) I am glad you like them but,unfortunately,I don't, they were painted by a distracted mind though they do have potential:lol: I will show them again some day when I get time in my new studio and you'll see what I really can do:thumbsup:

Andun
04-20-2008, 07:13 AM
Oh the torture of a Hawaiian vacation and return to a new home with a nice studio!!! Congratulations and welcome back
Only torture for my wallet Colleen:lol: and my waist line! How can americans eat those huge plates of food they serve.We had to share one between us and even then we had to use doggy bags:lol:

Andun
04-20-2008, 07:17 AM
:wave: Hi Anthony! Welcome back!

I don't think you're giving these enough credit. The second was especially good, I thought. Great contrasts, good job on all the figures and lots of action/movement. The only thing I would change would be to vary the color on either the boats or the distant rocky areas - probably the rocky area.

I'm excited for you as you prepare for your upcoming transition into your very own home - WITH a studio! Congratulations!!!!! :clap: :clap:

Elizabeth
Exactly:clap: :clap: :clap: the Diamond Head is just an underpainting as of yet! It will be greenish blue when,amd if I get time to get back at it! Yeah...I guess it has potential but it a long way from where I want it to be but I really do appreciate your good wishes:D Thank you Elizabeth!!!!

Andun
04-20-2008, 07:20 AM
These are fun paintings. I'm for you that you're getting a bigger/better studio. :)
Thanks Linda:D It is going to be so much fun!!!!!:thumbsup:

Andun
04-20-2008, 07:23 AM
So you said "Aloha" to Hawaii, and now "Sayonara" to one place in lieu of another. How exciting.
What Prefecture are you living in? When I was in Japan last spring, we were in Okayama, and toured Kyoto/Okayama city and the Sami beach area, as well as many of the wonderful Castles and Temples there.
It was wonderful. Such a clean country.

I am not clicking with the water scene, but I do like the crop and the look of the rose.
Welcome back, you were missed.
~~Kathleen
Good to be missed Kathleen but better to be back!!!:lol: I live in Shizuoka prefecture in Numazu city! It is almost directly under Mount Fuji so if the old boy decides to blow I am toast:lol:

Andun
04-20-2008, 07:24 AM
A Trip to Hawaii is GOOD Tony! Welcome Back. I like the surf scene. Very tropical colors.
Hey Tony:wave: You have been producing some top quality work lately!:thumbsup: Way to go man!!!

Andun
04-20-2008, 07:28 AM
Congrats on the house! Have fun painting walls! :lol: I did a lot of that last year. I hope you will put some of your creativity into decorating. The new studio will be great. Does it have north windows?
Thanks bunchs:lol: I guess I will be trading in my small brushes for a big one for a while.Maybe that will teach me to loosen up a bit:thumbsup: No North windows just east and south but from the roof garden I got a view from Mount Fuji and the whole of Suruga Bay:clap: :clap: :clap: