PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

craftylady
07-07-2002, 07:56 PM
Hello and Welcome to you all I have missed alot since I have been gone. But I have also got alot. I purchased a kiln on my trip to Walt Disney World. I took a day away from Mickey and went and purchased a kiln and alot of glass. I was so excited it should be here tomorrow. I cant wait to get this all set up. Hubby plans to build me some shelfs of some sort for all the glass. I will need help with the kiln not sure how to go about this. I think batch annealing would be the best for me. I only make about 10 or so beads at a time. So I thought for the cost it would be good to batch anneal? If no please tell me different. :clap:

Modesto
07-07-2002, 08:04 PM
Welcome back craftylady...we missed you.

Not sure but, this might help you with your setup.
http://www.hammglassworks.com/studiosetup.html

craftylady
07-07-2002, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the info... I'm sure it will help. Thanks for the welcome back... So have you made anything new? I want to see....:p

Modesto
07-07-2002, 08:11 PM
You should have stopped by while visiting Mickey:D

craftylady
07-07-2002, 08:17 PM
where are you located in FL? I wish I had known I was close I would have loved to have seen your setup. And all your wonderful beads. Like that pendant you posted. I have tried doing something like that it just does not work for me.

Modesto
07-07-2002, 08:24 PM
I'm very close to Disney. Mickey and I have been friends for a long time now:D Next time give me a heads up and, we can meet and share:cool:

b2beads
07-07-2002, 08:27 PM
Hey, welcome back! If your beads are small, batch annealing will be fine. But, from what I've heard, most of these small kilns don't cost a lot to run. But that's not from personal experience, so YMMV. What type kiln? Front load, bead door or top load? If top load, definitely batch anneal if beads are small enough. I've got a bead door, and I leave the kiln on the whole time I work.

B2

craftylady
07-07-2002, 08:31 PM
Sounds good to me We plan to be there in December. Dec. 1st -8th I think. Maybe we can get together then. We stay at the fort wilderness campground. I will let you know more in detail. That might be to much so close to Christmas.

craftylady
07-07-2002, 08:36 PM
I bought a Skutt gm10F with a bead door and digital controller. I was told I could fuse and slump in this type kiln. I don't know how to do that but I decide thats what I want to do I will be able to do so. I need to buy a book slumping sounds kinda cool.

Modesto
07-07-2002, 08:53 PM
The dates are good for me, all our family members are in Florida so we don't have to travel far for Christmas.

Check the sticky links section before you choose a book.