PDA

View Full Version : Prismacolor Clear Blender Marker

jinn
07-07-2002, 05:52 PM
These things are leaving me befuddled.

I'm using fabercastell polychromos. It seems like every time I use the blender marker, I have to go buy a new one because I can't get the color from the color pencil off of the marker. I've smeared it on clean paper, I've even tried washing them. I've gone through 5 of these things since I got my polychromos, and this is getting kind of expensive. :( Am I just not cleaning them right, or is this some problem that's commonly known with the oil based CPs?

Just for reference, the clear blender marker is the thing that blends them the best. The wax blender pencils with oil based CPs is a real pain in the butt.

stalksthedawn
07-07-2002, 06:17 PM
I had the same problem when I used the marker with my prismacolor pencils. Was only able to use it for one color. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

TeAnne
07-07-2002, 06:36 PM
ooooooooh dear. I can't help but now at least I know not to send for any. What a waste. :(

TheLymner
07-07-2002, 07:16 PM
Jinn, give this a try. Buy yourself a tube of the round cotton pad thingies that women use for make-up. When you want to blend dab your blender on the pad and blend away. Always clean.

Danny E Haislet
TheLymner

jinn
07-07-2002, 07:30 PM
Oooh.. Now there's a thought. That'll be a much more portable solution than anything that I might use to clean them. We're looking into buying an RV and letting our wanderlust dictate where our next parking spot be. We've been doing that for almost two years now, and we just can't stop. Anyway, art supplies that take up lots of space or just space in general aren't the best solution for me.

gemmag
07-07-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by TheLymner
Jinn, give this a try. Buy yourself a tube of the round cotton pad thingies that women use for make-up. When you want to blend dab your blender on the pad and blend away. Always clean.

Danny E Haislet
TheLymner

This is a great idea! I too, had this same problem and stopped using them. I think I'll give this a try.

Gemma

Ivyleaf
07-08-2002, 01:20 AM
Another suggestion is to buy one for each color group, one for reds, one for blues, etc.

:) :) :)
Ivy

Wingnut
07-08-2002, 04:29 PM
I gave up on those blender markers right away, for the same reasons - now I use Q-Tips and Turpenoid Natural (stinks a bit, but it won't kill me :D ) I'm still looking for the perfect tiny detail tool, right now I use a detail brush, but it's not stiff enough. I was thinking of trying those eyeshadow applicators, one of the pointier ones might do the trick, and be washable too! I've seen them in packs of 3 or 4 in Walmart.

arlene
07-08-2002, 06:32 PM
i use ivy's idea and have never had a problem