PDA

View Full Version : Three trees

La_
04-17-2008, 11:40 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-17-2008/84648_three_trees.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Three trees
Year Created: 2008
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 16 x 20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
playing with peaceful in this chaotic month of april

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
anything, please and thanks : )

noneuclidean
04-17-2008, 04:29 PM
The movement and light is really nice, reminds me of the inside of a seashell a little. Very peaceful, thank you.

D.W. Flint
04-17-2008, 05:57 PM
To me this has a mysterious and ethereal quality to it. A wonderful personal touch...:thumbsup:

dMlee
04-17-2008, 07:34 PM
I love your palette choice, very appropriate.
The interesting thing to me is not so much the trees but the wonderful color field to the left. This subtlety in color shifting is very successful! It looks as if it has a hint of some architectural form, like the facing of a doorway or interior of a home. Is this assumption correct? or is it strictly non-representational?

tgsloth
04-17-2008, 07:41 PM
Great minimalist concept IMO.
But I'd dispense with the rectangles on the upper left as I think they pull the eye away from the trees.

MRSBB
04-17-2008, 07:41 PM
It is very peaceful and very gentle. I like this La and it is in your signature style. I guess the chaos makes us appreciate the peace when it comes. Keep having fun.......Lenore

KYRed
04-18-2008, 02:25 AM
I'm interested in the columns in the upper left corner. They remind me a door frame and door. It's rather surreal in it's concept. I'd be pleased to know what these objects are. KYRed

La_
04-18-2008, 11:15 AM
Thanks much for your thoughts all,

i considered wiping out the buildings on the left but didn't want the complete starkness of just trees on the horizon so i left the structure in and the theme became city vs country, of sorts.

The trees are the dominantly noticable aspect because i do prefer 'country' over 'city', but i needed to keep the 'city' ever looming over them, and them, ever supportive no matter the grandeur of loom from said city

if i were to psycho babble it, i would 'blame' it all on a pending subdivision in my front yard.

thanks again, your thoughts were most helpful

la

tony1
04-18-2008, 11:56 AM
I think the buidlings on the left are necessary for this piece, and I especially like the way they dwarf the trees. But somehow the trees stand tall (figuratively).

good one La, really, really, like it.

zoropb
04-19-2008, 05:07 PM
Beautiful Palette. Not boring as usual :->

S

Corby
04-20-2008, 12:57 AM
La, I keep coming back and looking at this. It is mesmerizing and my first impression never changes: The Walls of Babylon.

La_
04-20-2008, 10:33 PM
thanks guys : ) for a scenery i'm not minding it either ; )

la