PDA

View Full Version : Heart Bead

Lara
07-07-2002, 12:40 PM
Hello:

I wanted to share a set of beads I made yesterday. The center heart bead started as a bead with 2 roses and leaves. The rose cane was a bit thick and so the roses turned out wompy. So, I squished the bead and made a heart. You can sort of see what is left of the rose on the top of the heart. I also just really liked the leaf beads.

Any tips on making heart beads with the hole through the middle like this?

Lara

rightbrainbeads
07-07-2002, 01:07 PM
hi lara,

i like the leaf beads *and* the heart!

i don't have any particular tips on making hearts, but i can say that as far as making beads in general (and bigger beads in particular), jim smircich's new booklet has been the most helpful to me. the way that he uses heat and gravity to shape beads completely changed my approach to big bead making! :clap:

thanks for posting a pic!

lynne

meesh
07-07-2002, 01:40 PM
i love the shape! i like hearts that aren't too "hearty" ya know? good job!!!

ValorieCox
07-07-2002, 01:45 PM
Lara,
It's wondeful! I love the subtle leaves you created, and the overall colorations and shape...so nice! Just shows that you don't always know from the start where a bead will end up. I agree with Meesh, in really liking heart-beads that are not to 'hearty', (or overly feminine for my taste). This one is great. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Best, Valorie

Laura Brito
07-07-2002, 01:54 PM
Wow! That is such a cool heart! hehe, I really like the style you got going inside! Very pretty!

Now you guys, all you heart fans!! Have to sign up for the Locked Heart Project! hehe come on....

Laura

macbeth7
07-07-2002, 04:05 PM
Great heart, Lara! :clap:
Love the less "hearty" kind as well. I was never much of a heart person, maybe because of the girly thing, but have been converted by a few lampworkers here.

Cheers!
Beth

Lara
07-07-2002, 06:26 PM
Thanks everyone. I know where to come for positive reinforcement!!!

Lara

WhiteHotGlassWorks
07-07-2002, 07:02 PM
WOW ! ! ! Lara..........coooooool not so heart/heart. I agree with that girly thing about hearts and made one that is earthy and long. Need to get a picture of it. All of you are such an inspiration for beads ! ! ! As it is there is not enough hours in the day for the extremely addictive/possessed glass worker.

Bobby

WhiteHotGlassWorks
07-07-2002, 07:08 PM
Laura B.......could you refresh the memory on the Locked Hearts????

Bobby

macbeth7
07-07-2002, 07:12 PM
Here's a link to the project, Bobby...

:)
Beth

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/browse_details.php?proj_id=233