PDA

View Full Version : untiltled for now...maybe something with golden in

Carmellow
04-16-2008, 10:17 AM
MY IMAGE(S):

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Apr-2008/138417-95615517_mu254FJp_3.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: untiltled for now...maybe something with golden in
Year Created: 2008
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 15in x 15in
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
still have a final layer to do, just looking for guidence

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
should i change the rock shape to be more rounded and rough?

aspybey
04-16-2008, 08:45 PM
I like where you're going with this, although personally i'd like the water in the background to have some light blue/greens in it, even if it's only here and there. Right now it looks too brown and more like the background is sand rather than water. Some sparkles on the water might help too since the sun is casting such a strong golden light, the water would be sparkling in areas if that were the case. I really like the crashing waves and the sky however, i'm not sure i'd make the rock shape any different than you have it.

MRSBB
04-16-2008, 11:52 PM
Hi KIm and welcome. Wonderful sky and brushwork. I agree with Aspybey about the water needing to be blue and green and the water in the wave also. It's well painted but I don't think the monotone does the painting justice. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but that is just the way it reads to me. Keep having fun...........Lenore

Dana Design
04-17-2008, 11:53 AM
I completely agree with both posters above. With such a large expanse of water, there would be color reflected from the sky and while you have some dense clouds up there, the blue would still take hold.

Another water/sand hint: The sand closest to the water would be darker, more saturated with water and the sand closest to the viewer would be lighter. (Can you tell I live near the beach?) LOL!

dMlee
04-17-2008, 07:42 PM
I am going to disagree about the color in water. Doing this would make it like every other landscape ever seen. The monochrome tendency of this piece gives it the surreal quality that makes it stand out from all the rest. Don't touch it! If anything make it DARKER.

Carmellow
04-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks everyone for you helpful suggestions! I am very happy to have a place like this to turn to! I have worked a little on this painting and I am happy with the direction it is going. I would be happy to here what you think, I still have to add a bit more splash to the wave and tighten up the horizon and the sand. I just wanted to here what you thought before I make the final touches !

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2008/138417-ocean.jpg