PDA

View Full Version : R.A.D.

allieboo
04-15-2008, 10:15 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-15-2008/77805_Picture_021.JPG

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: R.A.D.
Year Created: 2008
Medium: Pencil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 8X10
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
A quick pencil drawing of a russian orphan from a magazine - he suffers from Reactive Attachment Disorder from the abuse/neglect he endured as a child.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any critique is helpful. Thanks

Barbie Bud
04-15-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm not a portrait painter but it's very well done. The only thing I see is the space between the small and ring finger on the left hand, seems a bit large. Barb

FirstMidnightrose
04-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Very nice! The only thing, I was caught by looking at the unfinished top of his head. It drew my attention from the face and hands, which looked great. I agree that the one space is large between the fingers. But, very nicely done.

cbcarnell
04-17-2008, 12:37 AM
Very nice (although what a sad subject) work. You did such a great job on this, and I feel that not completing the top of the head distracts from that .

allieboo
04-17-2008, 07:50 AM
Thanks for all the comments - I'll work on finishing it and repost it. In the picture - the very top of his head is out of the picture- so I guess thats why I didn't pay much attention to it. But I guess it is worth putting some more time into. Thanks to everyone for posting!