GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Two boats.
Year Created: 2008
Medium: Mixed-Media
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 11
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Acrylic paints, pastel, charcoal pencils.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
What do you think?

Corby
04-15-2008, 06:12 PM
I think it is well thought out and very attractive, very creative. I like how our close point of view allows for the second boat to jump forward by virtue of the orange trim to be our focal point. It sort of plays leap frog over the foremost boat. I find the strip of sky reflection to be of utmost importance to the composition and balance of the piece. I especially like that you broke it up with the creamy portion at the upper part of it. I like the sense of depth as a whole, it is expressed so nicely in fact that I kept wanting to scroll the painting up to see what was back there... the only thing that struck me negatively at my first look wasthat the water seems shallow, without depth, more like wet pavement. maybe due to the mixed media? A minor point, one soon loses it in the impact of all the niceties of the painting. Thanks for sharing!

MRSBB
04-15-2008, 06:28 PM
This is a nice painting and I like the reflections of the tall buildings in the water. I like the cream color that looks like sky reflection, but to me it seems like it would carry through to the front of the painting. The two different sky colors I find distracting. Lenore

McArthur
04-15-2008, 07:52 PM
I enjoyed looking at this work, especially in the context of viewing the other threads you have started and looking at the themes of your work. The composition is strong and the reflections are great. Is it painted from a photo or life?

herrerojulia
04-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Thank you very much. It is painted from photo...