PDA

View Full Version : The Knotess is Really Not Tess

TessDB
04-13-2008, 08:32 AM
Hi, all! Realize there's been some confusion about my name thing... :confused:

I was "outed" before I was really ready for it... One of my pieces was showcased in an online colored pencil newsletter/magazine under my real name before I could get my website up (no, still not up. Stay tuned.). If it had run when originally scheduled, I would have had my website up & I'd be directing folks to read the following:

The Knotess Really Is Not Tess

For years I have had an internet alter-ego. TessDB, named for Tess of the D’Urbervilles (my favorite novel by Thomas Hardy), has cloaked the real-life me. What started as a way to keep the weirdo population from finding me became a habit. And when I opened my own business, it seemed like a good idea to continue the “Tess” illusion. I worried that what I said/did on the internet could develop real-life complications. So Tess became a way for me to freely speak without having to worry about who was paying attention.

Now that my business has closed and I am working on getting my artwork “out there”, it is time to let the illusion slide. It’s ok to pay attention to the wizard behind the curtain. Although I’ll probably continue to sign things as “Tess.” Mostly because there are days I’m convinced she’s much cooler than I am!

--Rosemary

CPM
04-14-2008, 10:03 AM
Tess/Rosemary, "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet ..." I may address you as either. I am used to Tess and this is easier to point folks to the tutorials, but I'll probably address you as Rosemary if commenting on your own art work (like having a teacher for a neighbor ... first names in the yards, formal name in the classroom).
As for the moniker, in my mind you were the "Countess of the Data Bases" (Us computer nerds don't read a lot ... unless its a manual for a software package).:D

- Chris a.k.a. Chris :eek:

TessDB
04-14-2008, 02:13 PM
"Countess of the Data Bases"

:p That's a new one! One of my friends remembered my screen name as Tess Da Bi***. Which, in my highly-political-take-no-prisoners days was pretty much right! :lol:

I'll answer to either one. Kinda trying to force myself to get used to being "Rosemary" (argh! it takes *forever* to type!) on the boards.

CPM = Central Processing unit Monitor, right? Hubby's a geek, does it show? :lol:

Rosemary/Tess/who???

vinesqueen
04-15-2008, 10:50 AM
I too thought you were Theresa (Tess) of the Data Base too... but I thought CPM was "critical path method." :D

My vines has nothing to do with gardens... lol

Doh! I forgot to congratulate you on the coverage! Woot!

TessDB
04-16-2008, 06:53 AM
Wow... "Theresa of the Data Bases" sounds so... saintly. :angel:

:lol:

Thanks, Vinesqueen!
Rosemary

ams
04-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the name explanation. It really threw me when I saw you signing Rosemary. :eek: It's going to take some getting used to. Please forgive if I slip and go back to Tess.

Anne

TessDB
04-22-2008, 07:39 AM
Forgive me if I do, too! :D

Rosemary