PDA

View Full Version : Prosperity

smart-artist17
04-13-2008, 03:20 AM
Hi All,
I am not sure if you would class this as a marine or not but it has koi carp.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Apr-2008/105688-fall_1.jpg

Any c+c would be appreciated .Sorry about the shine it is still wet oil takes so long to dry.

Best Regards
Pat:clap: :wave:

smart-artist17
04-13-2008, 03:30 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Apr-2008/105688-fall_2.jpg

Sorry I thought I would give you a closer look at the Koi carp.
Best Regards
Pat:clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

greensyster
04-13-2008, 04:49 AM
I dont know and I wont even look but I am so hoping you are Japanese (Pat is a very common name in Kyoto - you believe me? :) ). Your piece has all the elements - perfection in execution, flow of water, depth perception, subtlty of tones to allow the viewer to make the pace. Ok - I admit it - I love it just as is.

mooz49
04-13-2008, 05:22 AM
Hi Patricia ....it's certainly Marine and it is so different but beautiful. I love it too!! :clap: :clap:

smart-artist17
04-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi Greensyster and mooz49,

Thanks for your replies, Well I am certainly not Japanese, I am an Australian Citizen. And have lived in Brisbane for 10yrs, but I do love Japan and its Gardens.
Mooze I didnt know it would turn out so good, so good that I am keeping it and putting it on the wall.
Some of my family live in County Antrim, near the castle and also own the Reliable Travel Centres around Belfast.
Oh well I will have to stop I can go on for ever.:lol:
Best Regards
Pat

mooz49
04-14-2008, 03:15 AM
Hi Greensyster and mooz49,

Mooze I didnt know it would turn out so good, so good that I am keeping it and putting it on the wall.
Some of my family live in County Antrim, near the castle and also own the Reliable Travel Centres around Belfast.

Pat
HI Pat! .... I live about 50 miles from Belfast ..... it's a small world! Do you ever get to visit here?

smart-artist17
04-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Hi Mooz49,

Yes we have been to County Antrim, Also had a guiness at the bottom of the castle. It was when there was a lot of trouble and you had to be carefull who you talked to. We where in Belfast looking at shoes in a shop window and tony said I like them and pressed on what he thought was glass, and fell in to the shop window there was no glass there.
I hope it is all finished it would be about time wouldnt it. There would be a lot more tourists if it did.
Best Regards
Pat:wave: :wave:

bypick
04-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Very lovely! A simple composition and quieting mood.
Byron

smart-artist17
04-15-2008, 01:26 AM
Hi Byron,
Glad you liked the painting, it didnt take long to paint about 3 days. It is now hanging in the hallway and you look at it everytime you come out of the lounge. I am still looking at painting rocks and have just bought a book called paint the sea in oils using special effects. It has a section on paintings rocks in the surf. it is by john robinson I am going to read it over and over tonight.
I will post my next painting of noosa in the next few days, although there are no rocks.
Best Regards
Pat:wave: :wave: