PDA

View Full Version : UNTITLED (red)

floopy
04-12-2008, 08:30 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-12-2008/37866_Untitled(Red).jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: UNTITLED (red)
Year Created: 2008
Medium: Mixed-Media
Surface: Board
Dimension: 6X6
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Acrylic, graphite and charcoal on art board.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Anything is welcome. I will probably rework this a bit... but this is what I have for now... it's been a while for me.<br>Thanks!!!!<br><br>M

kathrynlovespets
04-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Great emotion
I'm not a fan of yellow...so...I enjoy the red and blue combo nonetheless

greensyster
04-13-2008, 01:39 AM
The head, the hair, the long wirelike strokes - just brilliant - love the way you have put total awareness alongside dreaming into her profile. Dont you dare drop your tools until you have finished this one - its so good especially when the background gets sorted.

azipofwhisky
04-13-2008, 01:10 PM
I like this piece.

I do however feel like the part above the tip of her nose is painted in another
perspective than from her nose tip down.

The bottom part is more from a direct profile angle, whereas the top part is
not.

Apart from that, I like it a lot!

L'Artiste
04-13-2008, 11:07 PM
Hi! My only suggestion would be to make the division line between the yellow and the blue more diagonal. This would make it a more dynamic composition, IMO. Lovely colors!

Corby
04-14-2008, 12:48 AM
red,yellow,blue, a good basic palette which gives you free range for any color direction you wish! I appreciate the proportions of the composition on this. Nicely presented.

KYRed
04-14-2008, 03:15 AM
Great looking brushwork. I was just wondering if you used a comb or something similar on they forehead and around the eyes. If not, how did you get that effect of the lines? KYRed