PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!! uploading images question

reeta
04-12-2008, 05:50 PM
Hi Everyone:wave:
Its been a while since I've posted because my computer has been giving me some trouble. Anyway, I have been trying to post a painting I did for the march op challenge, and when I go to upload it , the image disappears and it closes me out. I have a feeling from doing a little reseach that the image is too big . Is there an easy way to resize it so I can send it? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Reeta

Scarefishcrow
04-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Hi Everyone:wave:
Its been a while since I've posted because my computer has been giving me some trouble. Anyway, I have been trying to post a painting I did for the march op challenge, and when I go to upload it , the image disappears and it closes me out. I have a feeling from doing a little reseach that the image is too big . Is there an easy way to resize it so I can send it? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Reeta

Reeta, the max size for uploading is 500 pixels wide or 600 pixels high. There have been problems with the upload feature and using the attachment manager (scroll below reply edit box). Your image will be resized automatically unless it is too large. If so, almost any image editor will allow you to resize your image to meet the size requirements. One common freeware version is Photofilre available here:

http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/PhotoFiltre/photofiltre.html

You might also check out the link in my signature line Beginner's guide to WC which should have instructions.

Hope this helps.

mairrca
04-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Are you managing okay, Reeta?

AnnieA
04-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Reeta: I think Bill gave you some good advice and there are many free image editing programs available for download online. But do you perhaps already have an image editing programs on your computer? All of them that I've seen include a function that will allow you to resize an image. Photo organizing programs such as Picasa often include simple editing features such as resizing too. You may already have what you need on your computer.

It's important to remember that for WC it's not just the dimensions of the photo that's important, but you're also limited to an image file size of 100k, so you might want to check that as well. Let us know if you're still having problems - it seems there's always somebody here at WC who has the answer. :)

Pat Isaac
04-13-2008, 05:29 PM
I hope you solved the situation Reeta. Let us know if you didn't.

Pat

reeta
05-17-2008, 08:15 AM
Thanks for all of your thoughts , I was in the process of trying some new ways to do it, and I got highspeed internet which somehow solved the problem ( I don't exactly know how, but it works now)
thanks again for all of your responses,
Reeta

Scarefishcrow
05-17-2008, 12:22 PM
I have recently discovered, how or why I'm not sure, that the Insert Picture tool works for me only when I save my small thumbnails as GIFs and does not work when I leave them as JPGs. The same thing happens to me, REETA, when I try to use the "Insert Image" icon and upload a JPG thumnail. (It helps if you resize them first and saves time also).

I don't know why, but since I have been creating GIF instead of JPG thumnails before trying to insert images inline it seems to work fine. With JPGs I seem to allways have to use the Manage Attachments button below this box.

Anybody else find this the case???

BILL
(I have worked with PC's so long my first 10 MEGA (not giga)BYTE hard drive cost over $3000; however, I still find them a total mystery sometimes. People ask me what I did to fix their problem and many time I have not even a clue!)

Pat Isaac
05-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Interesting. I have never had a problem with the image inserter. I save my images in a jpg file and resize them before I save them. When I hit the image insert icon, a box comes up asking me to choose a file, then upload and then click on it to insert it into the reply.

Pat

starblue
05-17-2008, 02:01 PM
I've never had a problem with the image uploader either. I always make certain I resize the image's dimensions to 500px x 600px (w x h) @ 72dpi first and keep the filesize under 100K, however. You want to do it yourself so you know it's done "right" (i.e. in a way that doesn't harm the appearance of your image). I've never used thumbnails, never needed them.

Scarefishcrow
05-17-2008, 02:27 PM
I've never had a problem with the image uploader either. I always make certain I resize the image's dimensions to 500px x 600px (w x h) @ 72dpi first and keep the filesize under 100K, however. You want to do it yourself so you know it's done "right" (i.e. in a way that doesn't harm the appearance of your image). I've never used thumbnails, never needed them.

Bob (Eagle Eye),

I didn't really mean "thumbnail" :o in that sense. I was simply refering to the "downsized" images that can be uploaded and displayed inline (as opposed the HUNORMOUS originals I always have). I do resize prior to uploading, however I have never paid attention to the 72dpi. Perhaps that is the quirk.

Thanks Bob and Pat for your comments. (Pat, still haven't lost the teacher skills. Of course they probably still come in quite handy around this place as well....:lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bill

seosamhin
06-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Can't seem to find the Insert image icon. I usually use the attachment option but understand it is more diffucult for viewers to comment on the images because of where images are placed.
Julia

Pat Isaac
06-13-2008, 05:22 PM
When you post a reply there is an icon at the top of the message that looks like a mountain with a sun. Click on that and then insert image from your file. If it is too big it will reduce it for you. Hope this helps.

Pat

Scarefishcrow
06-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Can't seem to find the Insert image icon. I usually use the attachment option but understand it is more diffucult for viewers to comment on the images because of where images are placed.
Julia

The following link is to the second page of the WC! Guide. On that page, scroll down and you will see a picture of the full editing window and pointers to major features, including insert image icon. I hope this will help. If you have any more trouble just ask. You might also check your "My WC!" control panel under the "Options" setting. At the very bottom you can select 3 ways to display the editor. If it is set to Basic Editor, then none of the formating icons show up! If you don't see any of the formatting icons, then you probably need to check that option setting.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles2/14803/823/page2.php

I hope this helps.

BILL
:music: :heart: :heart: :music: