PDA

View Full Version : The Dancer (in costume and makeup)

A. Bottrell
04-11-2008, 11:20 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-11-2008/116606_spanish_dancer_2.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: The Dancer (in costume and makeup)
Year Created: 2008
Medium: Pastel
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 20X24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Using photo for reference. Mostly completed. I haven't done any pastel in awhile, I mostly do grahite.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I am not sure I want to do more to the bottom of the dwrawing, I considered more dark value to area, or just leave it alone. I don't know!!!

Corby
04-11-2008, 03:22 PM
this is very beautiful...I would not alter it in any way. The darkness at the bottom is there and it has life and color in it. To darken it more would increase our attention to to the bottom section at the expense of the dark hair which frames the face and emphasizes it.

sueparot
04-11-2008, 04:10 PM
The painting is striking. I like the way you've picked up the colour of the dancer's cheek in background. The total colour combination is excellent and I agree with C.L.Magnuson comments; I'd leave it alone! To me, the colour balance is just right.
I like the sense of movement in the painting and the seductive look in dancer's eyes. The whole effect is one of drama & expectation.

crazywoman53
04-11-2008, 05:03 PM
This is a beautiful painting and I conceed with the other two leave the darks alone.. being nit picky you might want to break up the line of white along her back.. perhaps bring that light pink all the way to the back like you have done on the upper arm just enough to break that line up a little bit. It is a wonderful painting and be happy with it!

MRSBB
04-11-2008, 07:00 PM
Why would anyone want to change this. It is beautiful.........Lenore

Steve01
04-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Beautiful. Her eyes are intense.

A. Bottrell
04-12-2008, 04:58 PM
To all who have posted thank you!!!! I am very pleased. My husband, who does not comment on my art, always will say in his wisdom... " do you like it?" And yes I have enjoyed this. I hope to continue in this style. Again, thank you, I will consider this completed.
Anita

D.W. Flint
04-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Yes, I agree with the others. It's ready for a frame...