PDA

View Full Version : Ironhorse's SND Draft Horses Finished!

Crias
07-06-2002, 02:22 PM
I am posting my finished draft horses from Ironhorse's SND. These guys are completed in scratchboard and took about 15 hours to complete.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jul-2002/draft9.jpg

All comments welcome and appreciated!

norsky
07-06-2002, 02:32 PM
I always wanted to try scratchboard, but I am such a perfectionist that if I screwed up once I would probably throw it away and do it on regular paper.

Good Show

norsky:clap:

Guy
07-06-2002, 02:36 PM
This is beautiful!

artdudette
07-06-2002, 03:32 PM
Cathy, you've done an amazing job! I am impressed by how many different textures you've acheived here. The shadows between the boards, and thrown by the horses beneath and behind are very well done and really add depth to the picture.

You worked very hard on this, and it's really paid off. Wonderful!:clap: :clap:

Again, thanks too for sharing your progress pics, I've never tried scratchboard, and it was very interesting to see how you went about creating this masterpiece!

Wingnut
07-06-2002, 04:07 PM
Whoo-Hoo! Cathy!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: gotta love them dapples!! :D

inkskin
07-06-2002, 08:41 PM
Wow! I have to say I just love how you do scratchboard. I have just picked it up,and your work is definitely an inspiration. I wish I could have been there while you were working on this.
Seriously,this is gorgeous.

Heather

Crias
07-06-2002, 10:38 PM
Heather...Scratchboard is lots of fun! I am sure you will pick it up rather quickly. This was my first attempt at smoother textures...I tend to prefer animals with harsher coats, which are so natural for the strokes of scratchbaord. I've only done about 10 scratchboards total so far...so I am still learning plenty too!

Thanks Wing, ArtDudette, Guy, and Norsky.

Norskey...you can correct some errors with black ink and also rearrange the look a bit by using thin strokes to scratch. I always start with a pencil scetch first.

Thanks again all for your kind words!

pencils4me
07-07-2002, 12:56 AM
This turned out just great. Love those shiney coats!

TJ