PDA

View Full Version : Red Power Ranger

aspybey
04-09-2008, 05:56 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-09-2008/11273_power_rangers.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Red Power Ranger
Year Created: 2008
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 12x16
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Ok, just a bit of humor but thought i'd post it. My 3 yr old son is suddenly fascinated with the power rangers, although his favorite color one changes all the time (usually it's pink?). <br>anyway- i mistakenly said "do you want Mommy to paint you a Power Ranger" and he went NUTS! <br><br>So, here's my attempt, in only 1 hour, to paint him a Power Ranger. There's all kind of blank canvas showing, but i think i'm kind of proud of the lips.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
anything... This was just fun for my son! But any composition or color comments are definitely appreciated! (good or bad)

MRSBB
04-09-2008, 09:08 PM
I think the red power ranger looks fine and it wouldn't matter if it was good or bad. You have made the little guy happy. I'm sure he will be pleased Mom painted it special for him. Keep having fun......Lenore

Clive Lutley
04-10-2008, 08:43 AM
A bet your son is going to love showing this to his fellow toddlers. I can see them all rushing off to their respective mum's and demanding one too :D

aspybey
04-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Thanks guys, I hesitated even posting this because it's not exactly a museum quality piece of art. But I thought it was kind of fun, and since i did it in only an hour and have never before painted a "face", albeit completely covered in a helmet, I was very happy with the lips. I definitely was NOT blessed with the ability to paint or draw people. I'm one of those people who can draw a rabbit, but it would not look like Bugs Bunny, just a generic rabbit. I once drew a picture of my husband's face and he said it looked like "Chucky"!

thanks guys, i'll get to posting some more substantial work, i've got one in the WIP section right now i'm working on.