PDA

View Full Version : Have any w/c members from outside the USA ordered supplies from Jerry's artarama?

Tracy Lewis
04-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Has any artist from outside the U.S.A bought art supplies from Jerry's artarama?
If so, how long did they take to arrive?

I ordered a set of pastels from Jerry's artarama on the 31st of March. I have had notification that the order has been processed, but still have not recieved any more information from them, or recieved the pastels.
I have tried E-mailing, but got no response. I have tried phoning and got the out of hours answerphone message.
Any info would be good. Thanks.

Tracy Lewis
04-09-2008, 01:26 PM
I finally got through to Jerry's on the phone this evening. Aparently they were waiting for a verbal confirmation on the shipping costs. It's still not known when the delivery well arrive.

tubbekans
04-09-2008, 07:43 PM
I had the same situation once when the shipping changed in the states. They called for a confirmation of the cost change. Shipping in the states was fine. I don't know about outside the states.

AnnieA
04-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Tracy: I'm glad to hear that they are at least now moving ahead with the order. It must be hard to wait - waiting for a new set of OPs is kinda like being a kid waiting for Christmas. :D

What did you order? I hope it arrives ASAP!

Tracy Lewis
04-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Still no debit on my card, still no news from Jerry's. I called back today and the relevent member of staff was away from her desk. :( Crazy!

Bringer
04-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Hi,

I hope that you have chosen USPS (United States Post Services) as the carrier.
And careful with the amount of the purchase because of customs.
I've bought from ASW (I guess it's relater to Jerry) and Dick Blick.
From UK, I've bought from Jacksonart. There's also greatart.co.uk, but with the weak dollar, it's a good opportunity.
Good luck with your purchase.

Kind regards,

Josť

Tracy Lewis
04-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Oh well, two weeks down the road from placing the order with Jerry's, still no products. I called today and cancelled the order. I am very dissapointed.

Art by Anima
04-16-2008, 05:16 PM
When I ordered from Jerry's Artarama last year I was very upset with the delivery. It took a couple months before I received my oil pastels. Apparently, the person assembling the orders was really behind so a manager had to assemble my order after I finally got a hold of somebody.

I've since found that it's a lot easier to buy my oil pastels locally. We have a few good supply stores here in Edmonton, Alberta and they're generally reasonably priced.

Tracy Lewis
04-19-2008, 01:04 PM
After cancelling the order, Jerry's debited my card and processed the order. Lord knows where they are at the moment.

Tracy Lewis
04-29-2008, 03:21 AM
At long last my delivery, or at least the bulk of it has arrived. I am pleased with how they look. Now I need to try them out. I will post a picture of the set later.

tubbekans
04-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Well, its good to hear you got them Tracy. Two weeks isn't real fast, but I think Bill (Scarefishcrow) had some OP's shipped from Canada to the US that took longer.