PDA

View Full Version : New Pics

Christopher Rice
07-06-2002, 07:12 AM
Well you asked for them, here are my first pics on the forum. This is a piece that took me two days to finish. It is inspired by a recent festival I attended in Tennesee, where I was able to watch the worlds best pipemakers. This particular piece is a similar style that belongs to a guy named Jason Lee. A very talented artist. Anyways, enough rambling.
-pan

http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/index.pl?cat=500&user=10410&thumb=1

Modesto
07-06-2002, 07:22 AM
Harold stands in awe...jaw dislocated...speechless.:cool::clap::cool:

generationsglass
07-06-2002, 08:11 AM
Told You He Was GOOD!

That is a great looking piece Pan!!!

Laura Brito
07-06-2002, 08:12 AM
Wow that was an awesome piece! I bet it is even more beautiful in person!

Very nice!

Laura

Jennifer Geldard
07-06-2002, 09:33 AM
Beautiful work Pan!!!
Your colors are astounding. yum.

cankeep
07-06-2002, 09:57 AM
Oh My gosh! That's an amazing piece! Those colors and designs are so vibrant! What energy...makes you happy just to look at it! :clap:

Janell
07-06-2002, 11:37 AM
Pan, That is gorgeous. I like that better than the Bonnaroo piece that was made there.
Janell

David Seckendorf
07-06-2002, 11:42 AM
Pan,

Incredible work! Keep on posting photos.

David

wildfirelauri
07-06-2002, 11:53 AM
Pan they look great! Great color and design work. I'm always amazed at the detail and design that goes into these useable pieces of art. Looking foward to seeing more of your work.

b2beads
07-06-2002, 12:33 PM
Pan, that's fabulous! Love the design! Yeah, keep posting pics! B2

rightbrainbeads
07-06-2002, 03:52 PM
Absolutely awesome, Pan! The colors just blow me away...

lynne

candygrrl
07-06-2002, 05:40 PM
Pan! How cool! :cool: The colors are so bright, they just sing :)

Now all you awesome pipemakers are planting the bug in me to try it. Ha! It's probably illegal in my state, (alabama) everything else is! :o

What kind of torch does it take to make pipes that size?

Candace

Jinx.Garza
07-06-2002, 10:47 PM
Very cool piece! Do keep posting your work. I can't wait to see more.

Jinx
:clap:

Christopher Rice
07-07-2002, 12:03 PM
Thanks so much everyone. I will post more pics, but hopefully it will be more artwork. Pipes are fun and all, but I know some people would rather not look at them. So I will try to keep it more art, but sometimes you make something so cool you have to share with everyone. You all should know the feeling! Anyways, CandyGirl, I work on a Bethleham. For making something of this size, it is good to have at least a Carlisle or SSQ. Something with a larger flame to make the process quicker. This particular piece took me approx. 10 hrs. On a smaller torch it would take quite some time!
-pan

macbeth7
07-07-2002, 04:21 PM
Wowee, Pan! :clap:

Seeing all of these great pipes almost makes me wish I still indulged...

:evil:
Beth

Anne Londez
07-07-2002, 04:38 PM
Wow Pan, these are great work. How long does it take you to make one of these ? I really feel very humble when I see those.
:eek:
Anne

margaretz
07-07-2002, 08:25 PM
Pan- great pieces! That festival was Bonnaroo, I assume... Hope you had a great time... wish i had been able to go- we're in the process of downloading recordings for it as we find them. Some good music definitely happened there.
I don't think you should worry about posting pipes especially if you're excited about the technique and work put into them. I can't speak for the other artists on this forum, but it's all glass to me!

Christopher Rice
07-08-2002, 07:21 AM
Hey, where are you finding the downloads for the festival? I would love to get some, the music there was incredible. I know that they are also goingto be coming out with a DVD of the whole weekend. I can't wait to see it.
-pan

Janell
07-08-2002, 12:46 PM
Pan,
The Bonnaroo site has some downloads on it. Hope this helps.
Janell

flamewerks
07-08-2002, 01:45 PM
Wow, wow, wow!

More, more, more!

DonnaB
07-08-2002, 01:45 PM
Beautiful! I think pipe makers should post here and not have to worry! I personally do not use pipes because I do not smoke, but I still like to see them and they are art in my opinion!

redhotbeads
07-08-2002, 02:20 PM
GREAT pics. Now I am curious, are pipes difficult to do? I do beads and wine bottle stoppers - never attempted a pipe before but I've been tempted. Anyhow, great pics!!:clap:

Modesto
07-08-2002, 02:47 PM
All ART is welcome on WC:clap: Pans' work definitely falls into that category...I haven't noticed anyone dispute that.:confused:

Kristian's work is also exceptional and, appreciated.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48124

I think what they are looking for is to keep things somewhat organized...not censored.

Images that are posted as an attachment under the thread of the Artist that created the thread in the first place...are much easier to locate and enjoyable for the viewer.

The reference library is really just that...for other artists to use as reference in the creation of their work.

margaretz
07-08-2002, 02:58 PM
Hey Pan - most of the stuff we've downloaded from Bonnaroo we found on nugs.net. I know at least Trey's set is there... Hey- let me know when you get that DVD going! I'd love to see it!

Christopher Rice
07-09-2002, 07:33 AM
Thanks guys, it is nice to see that all levels of glass are appreciated here. Someone asked about how tough it is to make pipes, it is not hard, just have to get used to tubing. It's a whole nother world compared to rod. Please feel free to ask any questions about tubing, or techniques, I will be glad to answer. Also thanks for the info on the downloads. Their site should have info on the DVD, hopefully it will be out before the end of the year.
-pan