GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Bring Out Your Dead
Year Created: 2008
Medium: Mixed-Media
Surface: Board
Dimension: 9 x 12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
If TG is done unveiling his past, I'll expose some oldies. I 've been posting here so long that there arent too many that you havent seen over the years, but here's one.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
anything

tgsloth
04-07-2008, 11:20 PM
Well, on the narrative side, we need provenance:
Is it Daniel Defoe, "Journal of the Plague Year"
Or Monte Python, "The Meaning of Life"

As to the painting, jeepers, it's stunning.
The creativity is museum quality and the way the face is rendered fuzzily set against the beautifully painted leaves.
Sheesh.
Look for my brushes to be up for sale on ebay.

Corby
04-08-2008, 12:09 AM
Help! I am trapped between cultures! It looks like a Roman Bacchus setting wise, head wise it looks like an oriental temple guardian. It is also quite differnt from what we usually expect from you Kathleen. Nicely done!

Clive Lutley
04-08-2008, 04:07 AM
Very creepy! Very impressive! Tombstones at the bottom, the ivy growing up a wall or old statue, very graveyardy. The face saying “And if you don’t have any dead for me then your future isn’t going to be full of parties.”

PS. Tg: I think “Bring Out Your Dead” is from the Holy Grail?

Spyderbabe
04-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Ok, so maybe I've been reading to many novels of the Middle Ages. (currently "World Without End" ) But you gotta admit its a catchy phrase.
I use it in the title since I'm pulling old work out from under the bed where its been buried for a few years.
Originally I was going for a garden motif but it does have a creepy edge to it doesnt it?

Dana Design
04-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Kathleen, I love it. Well done and quite the departure into your lighter work.

I don't think it's creepy at all but then perhaps I'm accustomed to creepy. BTW, find any dust bunnies?

KYRed
04-09-2008, 12:47 AM
It's like the creeps that used to peer out at me through the leaves of bushes and trees in the twilight when I was a kid and when, now, I let myself enjoy the twilight and just let loose of the world. It provokes me and that can't be bad with art. KYRed

twiggysminis
04-09-2008, 03:52 AM
I love these colours and love the execution and don't find it creepy but fascinating. I walk through the churchyard here with the dogs in the mornings and it reminds me of some of the ancient images on the tombstones. Beautiful - show us some more!

Spyderbabe
04-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Dana - dust bunnies? in MY house! Haha enough to stuff a mattress!
KYRed - thanks... you and I both know those are in the bushes and watch us all the time.
Twiggysmins - this was so well received I think I should go back and do more like it!