PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Autumn

Carola_An
04-06-2008, 07:05 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-06-2008/135273_Canadian_Autumn_small.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Canadian Autumn
Year Created: 2008
Medium: Colored Pencil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 8x8
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I had a difficult time "separating" the leaves. The colors seemed to run into each other. The original is from a photo. <br>I posted some of the progress of the drawing on my blog while I was working on it.<br>

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
1. Is it too busy? <br>2. Would the background be better in a solid color?

MRSBB
04-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Gosh this is nice. Just saw a similar painting, on a huge scale, in the waiting room of a medical bldg. Might make a good series. Lenore

D.W. Flint
04-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Beautiful as it is. I would'nt change a thing...

zoropb
04-06-2008, 09:52 PM
The background is key the way it is.

Sergio

pinkpetunia
04-06-2008, 10:21 PM
I don't think it's to busy at all, and your background is sure doing it's work. I sure wouldn't change it. It's very beautiful, love your color choices

tgsloth
04-06-2008, 11:54 PM
I add my applause to the other posters.
Colored pencil is, however, a tedius medium. The pigment transfers in a miserly way.
Try pastel and throw some color! You have the soul for it.

Corby
04-07-2008, 03:43 AM
yes it is busy, and it should be. The leaves are doing what leaves do in all of their intricate (busy) beauty. The background is perfect, it is like a tapestry. The colors are better than most "fall" leaves I see. They are organic and earthy and yet still give us the vivid color we enjoy.

avrene
04-07-2008, 04:46 AM
I don't see the colors running into each other. I thought the colors that you use are perfect. Love the transparency on some of the leaves and your background compliments the leaves. I would not change a thing. It is in my opinion, perfect.

gaensanger
04-07-2008, 07:32 AM
I think the colours work together fine. Very nice piece!

lonestar
04-07-2008, 08:32 AM
my favorite time of year, and a wonderful piece of work. great movement. i understand what you mean about the colors running into each other, but thats great, the foreground is part of the background and vise versa. and one leaf is part of another leaf. in nature they all kind of all dance and mingle in the wind - you've done well. i wouldn't change a thing about this one.

Ronni
04-07-2008, 02:35 PM
The leaves are beautiful, the background looks lame to me, it weakens the whole, as if saying, "whatever", to make it a really good piece of art, there should be a purpouse to any point in the painting.

Carola_An
04-07-2008, 09:53 PM
I want to thank all of you for taking the time to look at my work. I am very surprised by so many positive comments and I feel flattered. ALL comments are truely appreciated, after all, that's why I posted the drawing.

Cherry Bray
04-08-2008, 04:25 PM
I love the leaves but feel the background is a little intense - perhaps the small computer image does not do it justice.

Cherry Bray
04-08-2008, 04:25 PM
I love the leaves but feel the background is a little "heavy" - perhaps the small computer image does not do it justice.

KYRed
04-09-2008, 12:44 AM
I think you did very well using colored pencils. The leaves are wonderful. As for the background it has a dripping effect and this, to me, reminds me of what it's like here in Kentucky when the leaves turn and the chilly rains and showers come and the drips of water seem to run continuously off everything. I like it. KYRed