PDA

View Full Version : Who is online and where

Modesto
07-05-2002, 06:16 PM
Hey Laura I thought you might enjoy this link, well everyone will enjoy this! This link allows you to view who is online and where, usually this feature is reserved for Administrators on other sites...but on WC...check it out for yourself:cool:

All can see Laura is a PM junky:D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/online.php?

kesinnott
07-05-2002, 08:37 PM
Hey Harold,
That's cool. Interestingly, I am watching it as it updates itself every now and then, and I'm online, but it doesn't seem to have found me. Hmmm, does that mean I am invisible?

Laura Brito
07-05-2002, 08:43 PM
Ouuuu! I like that, it is very cool! Yes Harold you are truely the WC junkie now...after a while we will all have to go on Oprah about our WC addiction! hehe

Laura

b2beads
07-05-2002, 08:45 PM
Kathy - are you logged in? You might be one of the "guests". ISGB has the feature turned on publically, too. Personally, I find it rather unnerving... Just a little big brother paranoia. B2

Modesto
07-05-2002, 09:02 PM
I like features, options and, freedom of choice:cool:

One benefit is that you can find areas on WC that others are in that you might otherwise miss.

Again WC has it all...

For those that wish to prevent others from seeing your actions:
If you click on the little gray button at the top of your screen
MY WC! then....
click on the "Edit Options" then...
in the "Invisible Mode" field check "YES"
you can then hide or, become invisible.

You can't hide from Administrators regardless of what you do, I have known some sites where Administrators abuse this and even read your mail.:eek:

Bottom line: don't do or say anything online that would humiliate you if made public and you really have nothing to fear.

b2beads
07-05-2002, 09:12 PM
Well, as much of what I do and say in public humiliates me anyway, I've got nuttin' to lose....;)

I tried that "invisible" mode, but I kept running into things.

b2

Modesto
07-05-2002, 09:18 PM
You're never really invisible online, your e-mails are never really deleted. Everything is backed up and accessible...speaking from experience.

kesinnott
07-06-2002, 02:08 AM
Thanks, Harold. I checked my "options"... Had the invisible mode set! Duh. So much to learn...

Glassy79
07-06-2002, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Harold
You're never really invisible online, your e-mails are never really deleted. Everything is backed up and accessible...speaking from experience.

Hey harold, I think I rather like being invinceable!