PDA

View Full Version : posting a link - Image Library?

Christopher Rice
07-05-2002, 08:33 AM
So I will have some pics of a piece that I worked on yesterday, and am finishing today. Just wondering how you polst a link on the forum. I will have to upload the photos to ofoto, cuz they are to big to upload to the forum, and will need to make a link. Just wondering if I have to type anything before and after the link. Thanks in advance! Stay tuned........
-pan

Laura Brito
07-05-2002, 08:40 AM
Why don't you put them in the Image Reference Library here (they can be as big as you want them to be) and then you can link to them in your message!

Works great....

Laura

I have a really big album there!

Christopher Rice
07-05-2002, 09:13 AM
Where do i find that?
-pan

Laura Brito
07-05-2002, 12:59 PM
At the top of your screen you see 4 boxes, pick the community box, then in there Image Reference LIbrary.

From there it is pretty easy.

Laura

Mike E etc
07-05-2002, 02:40 PM
Hi Pan,
Then start a new thread for your piece.
Looking forward to seeing it.
Mike E

Lara
07-05-2002, 03:20 PM
Ok, I was reading on the FAQ for the library and it said to put your pictures in a category. I don't know which catagory to put it in. Also, there is no "other" category or bead category. Any tips? They said not to force it into a category that it doesn't fit in.

Lara

Lara
07-05-2002, 03:38 PM
Ok, nevermind. I figured it out. You just choose member's gallery. DUH. COOL.

Noww, how to you attach a image from your gallery. I tried here, but it didn't seem to work. I have never done this from a web site.
Or, do you have to upload it from your own computer, which I have done successfully.

Lara

llis
07-07-2002, 01:21 PM
Just a quick note to tell everyone that the reference image library is just for reference. If you want to put up some images to show someone different types of glass work, that is fine and would be a great reference for someone wanting to reproduce similar works.

The library should not be used for collections of your work. That's best done on your webpages. Another way you could build a boby of your work to show all the members would be to always use the attachment function when you upload your images of your work to WC! Then you could direct folks to use the image locator to find a collection of all your images and go from there.

Have fun,

Phy...llis

llis
07-07-2002, 01:25 PM
Oh yes, I forgot to tell you that if you need to add a category, then you will need to get in touch with Ivyleaf. She handles the liabrary. :)

Here is a recent note from her.

Originally posted by Ivyleaf
Reference Libary Changes!

There have been some exciting changes and additions to our WC! Reference Image Library System:

1. The "Member Personal Galleries" have been renamed, the category is now "Member's Contributions." This is to help clarify and reinforce the fact that the library is not a "virtual art gallery", but rather a resource built by the members here to provide reference photographs for all members to use.

2. With the addition of the Glass Art category, several members have requested a "Glass" addition to the library. The new "Glass" category currently has 3 subcategories: Beads & Marbles, Jewelry, and Functional Glass. Lots of the glass art members are willing to share their items for all of us to use as reference, and as more interest is created in that category, additional subcategories will be made.

3. Another new subcategory was added under "Artist Photo Albums", we now have a category for "Art Objects". Share your "tools of the trade" here. Have an antique loom you are still using? A unique kiln, printing press, glass torch? Share those items in this new subcategory!

4. Remember the old GetAway 2000 photos? They are still there, the category has been re-named "GetAways & Gatherings" for all those great WC! happenings!

And now, some friendly reminders to all:

All images uploaded to the reference library are fair game to all other users of WC. Please upload only those photos that you own or can verify are copyright-free.

All images uploaded need to be placed in a category, given a title, keywords and descriptions. If you can't find a category that fits, drop me a line and we'll figure out where it needs to go! For example, I upload a flower photo into the flower category, you will be able to find it under my name in "Member's Contributions" as well be able to find it under the "Flowers" category. You would also be able to find flower photos by searching for the keyword "flower" and even more specific, the type of flower and perhaps the color, depending on the number of keywords I entered (You can add up to 10 keywords, no commas between the words please!) Doing these few simple steps gives flexibility to the library, and offers all members many ways to search for inspiration and references!

It is up to us as members of WC! to make the library the best it can be! As always, if you have any questions or suggestions about the library, please feel free to drop me a PM!

Thanks to everyone who contributes!

:) :) :)
Ivy