PDA

View Full Version : Happy fourth to all and good night.

DonnaB
07-05-2002, 01:33 AM
Hope everyone had a pleasant fourth of July holiday. I had one of the nicest times I have in years, for no particular reason, maybe because the fireworks were good, the hot weather has broke and it is about 30 degrees cooler suddenly, or maybe because I felt so blessed and glad to be alive and in a free country. Felt happy my boys have grown a bit older, quite alot less demands on me these days, all so liberating... It just all came together for me driving home, through our small town, watching all the people walking home with lawnchairs and tired babies. Listening to classic rock on the radio, just one of those moments you live for, can't ever make it happen. But if you live long enough, whatever you end up going through in life, the sublime moments come back again. I am sure part of my feelings were due to Sept 11, and also just that personally I was ready to feel happy again. So, I hope everyone had a good one, and if not... well IT IS OVER!!! It is July 5 now and I am going to BED. gnite:clap:

Nonie
07-05-2002, 10:14 AM
What a lovely post Donna. I had a wonderful 4th too!
Thankyou for posting and I am going to quote you on something you typed which totally applies to my life right now. You read my mind. :)
But if you live long enough, whatever you end up going through in life, the sublime moments come back again.
Sooo true Donna.
Happy 4th and peace to you.
Nonie

meesh
07-05-2002, 11:40 AM
last night, with our tiki torches lit at twilight and john prine playing in the background. steve and i watched our boys run through the back yard waving sparklers around. we looked at each other and said. "these are the sweetest moments of their lives". then jordy started screaching out " BOCK E BOCK, BOCK E BOCK"!!! like some sort of mutant chicken!!! :D

DonnaB
07-05-2002, 07:53 PM
Nonie, thank you for your response, I am so glad you relate - it really does mean alot to me.

Meesh, it is downright scary, because last night we were also making chicken noises here. I kid you not... Is this a paranormal coincidence or is it just a "boy" thing: chicken noises on the fourth of July...???