PDA

View Full Version : Sky cities & Gaia No2

graphicali
03-31-2008, 11:32 AM
Hi :wave:

Here are a couple more experiments. I feel like I should do some "real" paintings but keep getting drawn back to this type of painting!:D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Mar-2008/106950-CRW_4924_RT8.jpg
Sky Cities - Acrylic ink on quarter imperial watercolour paper

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Mar-2008/106950-CRW_4929_RT8.jpg
Gaia No2 - Acrylic paint and ink on quarter imperial bristol board

Diane Cutter
03-31-2008, 05:22 PM
Initially I liked the first one, but once I saw the second, with that strong orange/blue, I definitely have to say I really love the second one. You've combined a beautiful design with a beautiful face... I would love to see you take this type of work further...

Diane

minman
03-31-2008, 07:11 PM
Very nice works. I really like the tension that is created in the middle sections of the works which then explodes forcefully outward to the edges. Gives the works a lot of movement and energy. The addition of the face in the second one adds much interest. Almost didn't see it at first. Keep on experimenting.

inkdrawer
03-31-2008, 08:02 PM
very nice, vibrant colors

two thumbs up

graphicali
04-01-2008, 05:52 AM
Thank you folks - you are very kind to me! I was trying to analyse why I really enjoy this type of painting.

I think that the pouring part is almost like meditation, I have to concentrate so hard to get the paint to go (roughly) where I want it. The process after that is where I have to decide whether the paint has behaved well enough for me to put in what I had in my mind or taken its own little trip in a different direction.

If it has, then it often takes days, sometimes weeks for an image to appear in the dribbbles, or certainly one that I want to take further!

Jayde
04-01-2008, 06:03 AM
These are lovely. I like the sense of depth in the first one.

Grace5
04-01-2008, 07:03 AM
Love the colours in the first one and flow, but the second one is really fantastic like the way you incorporated the face into it.

graphicali
04-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Many thanks Jayde and Grace5.

I wasn't sure about continuing on this style of painting but everyone's supporting comments have given me the encouragement (you'll probably wish you hadn't!) to carry on and do more :D