PDA

View Full Version : the swan in the lake

margarita
03-30-2008, 10:56 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/03-30-2008/136248_bonnet_house,_swan.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/03-30-2008/136248_Ft._Laud._beach.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: the swan in the lake
Year Created: 2008
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16x20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This was done from a photo i took at a historical house here in Florida.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
this painting was done from a photo I took in Ft. Lauderdale beach. I am not happy with the composition, I don't think is working....

Corby
03-30-2008, 11:37 PM
Hi Nia! (Did I miss spell?)

The swan painting is absolutely gorgeous! I think your instincts about the second one are right. I find the stone gate thingy stuck in front of the little house very unattractive. You could leave either one of them out and the painting works nicely. The only other thing is remove the blue umbrella from behind the mans head. Because there is a progression of those umbrellas in the background, dot, dot, dot, it just dots us right out of the painting!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Mar-2008/70790-136248_Ft._Laud._beach.jpg

zoropb
03-31-2008, 01:25 AM
Wow is that first one nice! Super beautiful colors! Fantastic what dreams are made of!!! Was this at the Deering Estate?

2nd one I agree with Corby in that both objects in line are distracting but I would have left the gate as it ties in nicely with the other one the man is sitting on and nuked the odd man out... the small house behind it. I like the work you did for the marble effect on the gates. Sjy is nice too.

Sergio

margarita
03-31-2008, 05:15 PM
Hi Corby. Thanks again for taking the time. I agree with you about that dot...dot.. effect.
I think though, that it would be better as Sergio suggested, that I should leave that man out. I can't really change the look of the Beach because it has to be true to the way it is. I mean I shouldn't change the stractures because it was done to depict Ft. Laud. beach.:)

zoropb
03-31-2008, 10:34 PM
Nia you should check out the Acrylic forum also. I think you will really like it. I forgot to mention it to you.

Sergio

MRSBB
03-31-2008, 11:28 PM
Hi again Nia. Nice work, but I disagree with you about not changing what is actually there. As the artist you have the right to change whatever you want to enhance your painting. Check out some of the painting challenges on the different forums and it is amazing how each artist interprits the subject. I enjoy your art and keep having fun.........Lenore

diquattrom
03-31-2008, 11:50 PM
Really great colors. For the second piece, I say get rid of the woman taking the photo. She is distracting. I agree with CL about the umbrella and choosing either the hut or the white stone sculpture in front of it. I'd remove the hut. I like the white stone thing.

La_
04-02-2008, 01:38 AM
swan in the lake is beautiful, vibrant, lushious and very inviting

the second for me doesn't compare at all, just a snap shot of tourists

la

margarita
04-03-2008, 02:40 PM
I totally agree with you. Is not worth trying to make it better. It was just not planned well and done in haste. Thanks, La
Nia