PDA

View Full Version : xposted from jamiew in plein air forum

chewie
03-30-2008, 01:45 AM
http://gurneyjourney.blogspot.com/search/label/Pencil%20Sketching

this is a link to a blog that i just have to share. now, this fella knows his way around a sketchbook! i sooo want to be able to sketch like this! his glance method is something i'd love to possess. i know its not exactly 'pastel', but i doubt anyone here would object to seeing this work. enjoy!

M Douglas
03-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Thanks for sharing chewie, I too would love to be able to sketch using his glance method. Awesome work.

Melodie

Merriel
03-30-2008, 06:30 PM
Chewie: Thanks. I loved looking through his site. I've been carrying a sketch book around and really trying to get into it. It is really fun. I really liked his tip on a wash in a film container I usually carry a small set of watercolors.

thanks for sharing this. I noticed it was also from Jamie W. I love her work.
merriel

chewie
03-30-2008, 08:03 PM
i stayed up way too late last night, that site is a wealth of info.! i highly recommend getting into it at length!

and yes, jamiew does some great stuff!
-c

DAK723
03-30-2008, 09:27 PM
James Gurney's site has been in my bookmarks for some time. Interesting stuff. Just recently he has discussed sunlight shining through gaps in the leaves and the shapes they create - a similar discussion of a recent thread here. An interesting item on color coronas surrounding bright light sources is today's topic (Mar. 30th). There is also an amazing video of an elephant painting. For those not familiar with the name, he is the creator of the popular "Dinatopia" series of books, as well as much more.

Don