PDA

View Full Version : Smiley Face Millefiori

David Seckendorf
07-04-2002, 11:45 AM
So I have about two pounds of orange glass laying around and have no idea what to do with it. I was thinking about pulling some smiley face cane a couple of weeks ago but forgot to buy any yellow glass when I placed my order. I went out early this morning (before it gets up to 105 degrees in the studio) and this is what happened. I think I'm going to make some "Happy Harley" beads really soon.

Smily Face Millefiori (http://desertfireglass.com/smiley.html)

David

macbeth7
07-04-2002, 12:26 PM
Hehe...great idea, David!

:cool:
Beth

Lara
07-04-2002, 12:27 PM
David:

They are really great! (I hesitate to say cute, cause most men don't like that word). OK I said it. I would love to see the finished bead it will be so neat.

:D

Mike E etc
07-04-2002, 12:52 PM
David, cool! Do ya think the smiley face person will license it:rolleyes: .
Mike, big grin, E

macbeth7
07-04-2002, 12:55 PM
Hehe, Mike! Does anyone actually hold a license on the smiley face?

EagerBeader
07-04-2002, 12:58 PM
Hi Dave,

Could I get some of those...I love the smiley face (even made costumes for Halloween)....please...please...???

Dawn

:clap:

wildfirelauri
07-04-2002, 01:34 PM
Hey David, These are adorable! As far as licensing the smiley..I spose that goes to Forrest Gump! Well, I thought it was funny.

BlackDotMags
07-04-2002, 03:24 PM
David, kewl smilies!!

Okay, so David's got the smilies, Mike's got the (magic?) mushrooms, Lezlie's got the psychedelic colors, I can make a mean love-child flower. We just need someone to do the peace sign, and we're back in the 60's, man! Groovy!

(Hey, I feel another project for us coming on!!) :cat:

Mags
~~~~

Glassy79
07-04-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by David Seckendorf
So I have about two pounds of orange glass laying around and have no idea what to do with it. I was thinking about pulling some smiley face cane a couple of weeks ago but forgot to buy any yellow glass when I placed my order. I went out early this morning (before it gets up to 105 degrees in the studio) and this is what happened. I think I'm going to make some "Happy Harley" beads really soon.

Smily Face Millefiori (http://desertfireglass.com/smiley.html)

David

Looks to me like you have hit on a great idea. Now ya need something to put them in..

LouisCamp
07-04-2002, 05:43 PM
David;

Really nice job....I think you have this millifori stuff down....

Lou

David Seckendorf
07-04-2002, 06:03 PM
I'm going to make some beads tomorrow morning. I have a very small window of oportunity these days. With the torch and kiln going, my studio gets up over 100 degrees by 9 or 10 am. I try to get started by 4 am.

I was thinking about doing a couple of black beads with a random patern of smilies, encased in clear. Maybe some orange stripes at the ends.
Any other suggestions?

David

Lara
07-04-2002, 06:31 PM
It's kind of girly, but what about small smiles in the middle of flowers.

:)

L

Laura Brito
07-04-2002, 07:27 PM
Hey David!

Did you know our kids know each other...hehe, (safe house)

Here is the picture for the thread.

Laura

David Seckendorf
07-04-2002, 07:42 PM
Laura,

It sure is a small world, huh?

David

cankeep
07-04-2002, 07:47 PM
I did one in green with the smiley faces around the middle and added bumps to frame it as an afterthought.Since I didn't really plan it out ahead of time the bumps aren't really placed evenly, but I still like the silly bead. One of the smiley faces smeared just a little around the eyes and my grandson pointed out that two faces were smiling and one was feeling sad. Thought it was funny that he noticed such tiny detail.
If you did a long bicone or barrel with them marching across from hole to hole it would be just the thing to put on a hemp or macrame choker for a guy looking bead. Or maybe on a backdrop of Zebra?

rightbrainbeads
07-04-2002, 09:47 PM
yeah, i like the idea of the backdrop of a zebra... i was thinking that it'd be cool to make a very 'organic' stone type tabular bead, and have the smiley milli on one side- so it'd hit you as a sorta colorful, happy surprise.

lynne :)

gnu
07-04-2002, 11:38 PM
these remind me of the 'picture lollipos' I had as a kid...can still buy them here... I would feel like eating these....
cool colour too...

Modesto
07-05-2002, 09:52 AM
Hey David, I have some old paper I'm willing to trade for a small slice? PM me if interested in a trade:D