GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Still deciding
Year Created: 2008
Medium: Pastel
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 9x11
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Hi Again! I did this one really quick and stopped before I was finished because I liked it.. I am trying to think of a title so any help there??

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I want to do another of him with a more finished look about it.. so ALL C&Cs welcome & muchly appreciated!!

Ronni
03-29-2008, 03:22 AM
A wonderful piece! you stopped at the exact point!
You may title it "Where have I left my car keys?"

Clive Lutley
03-29-2008, 04:41 AM
My first thought was, "Rasputin", as in Grigori Yefimovich. Died when 47 years old so it just could fit with you're painting. Good that you stopped where you did, this is a great character study.

A young Rasputin:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Mar-2008/40135-rasputin.jpeg

thomas w
03-29-2008, 07:50 AM
Great portrait, very expressive.
Thomas W

tony1
03-29-2008, 09:05 AM
Great piece. I like where you decided to stop. He looks kinda royal, maybe it's the angle, as if he's above it all. But his eyes say "I'm in deep trouble". Can't think of a title. Nice one.

tgsloth
03-29-2008, 09:11 AM
Well, this is magnificent and it's all the more annoying to those of us who could not produce anything like this that you have done it "quickly".

Two substantive points:

Call it "dissolution". I could imagine that the orange specks and light beige lines in the beard represent the face disolving.

The darks in the background seem to be warm brown/blacks. I think working in some dull blue tones would pump up the contrast a bit and possibly yield an improvement.

zoropb
03-29-2008, 09:24 AM
Do you ever paint a bad one! :D

Maw how about ..."Trepidation"

Sergio

MRSBB
03-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Maw-t. This is a wonderful painting. I have many emotions while looking at it going through my head. I keep thinking it is his final hour and he is reflecting on his life. Another thought is that someone has him pinned down and he is showing fear. No idea on title, those are my thoughts on what I see. I always enjoy your work............Lenore

gaensanger
03-29-2008, 03:42 PM
maw-t, this one is a wonderful painting. If you do it more exact, it's a different one. You stopped at a good point. I always have troubles to stop on the right point. And when I do it, I'm not shure too if it is right. But the point is, it has to be beautiful for you! This one is also beautiful to me.

maw-t
03-30-2008, 02:30 AM
You all are the BEST!! Thanks so much for the nice comments!! & Great suggestions for Title.. sheese now to decide.. But am enjoying the super delicious food for thought!!! Thanks again!

allanom
03-30-2008, 02:14 PM
Lovely piece. Very expressive. Very evocative.

twiggysminis
03-30-2008, 03:08 PM
This is such a wonderful portrait but a title for the moment is not springing to mind. ( He also looks a little like Topol in Fiddler on the Roof. Possibly about to break into "if I were a Rich Man....")

missswiss
03-30-2008, 06:51 PM
This is a wonderful portrait. When I look at it, he appears to be in pain. Maybe "Agony"

Londondeon
03-30-2008, 09:35 PM
My immediate impression was "Rasputin" also. I had a strong feeling of him when it appeared on the monitor.

Very well done and impressive
Londondeon

Corby
03-31-2008, 06:05 PM
very handsome! To me the man is not in pain, and I see no indication of why he should be classified as Rasputin, no evidence of a violent spiritistic temperament or evil intent. He just seems like a man with a difficult decision to reach. He is upon:
"The Cusp Of Decision"