Dimension: 16 x 20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
A big large 16 x 20 ;-)

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
anything

Clive Lutley
03-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Very nice indeed. The overall feeling is that of a nice warm Sunday evening in Autumn, eh, fall. I feel though that there's not enough happening in the lower right part of the painting, it's very empty, not much happening. Perhaps a tree here? Maybe you wanted to give a sense of desolation, loneliness?

L'Artiste
03-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Hello! I am finding the fence on the left a little distracting. Does the farthest panel angle down to the ground? Maybe take another look at the drawing of it, especially the angles. Also, if the fence is in the shadows of the trees to its left, it needs to be darker, I think. I don't have a problem with the spareness of the scene - I like it!

Barbie Bud
03-28-2008, 04:00 PM
Very nice and soft. I think I agree about the fence, I think I would just take it out and then your eye would travel back the lane to the house. Barb

tgsloth
03-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Exciting composition. I really like the hazy approach with acrylics. My improvement suggestion would be to sharpen the hue contrast a bit in the foreground so as to enhance the feeling of depth.

MRSBB
03-28-2008, 11:30 PM
Wow a nice big painting. Kathleen I would love to have this hanging in my house. It is beautiful to look at. I would not add anything to the right as it would spoil the view. My only nit would be, I hope you don't lose part of the house when you frame it. Keep having fun.........Lenore

gaensanger
03-29-2008, 09:33 AM
This looks very classic! Wonderful painting. Have you been there?

Spyderbabe
03-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Thank you all! I'll consider all suggestions. I usually leta piece sit a few weeks while I stare at it before it gets varnished.
This is not a real place but it is similar to scenes found along the bike trail in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.