Year Created: 2008
Medium: Colored Pencil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 8 x 10
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
new to drawing, just wanted to try

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I welcome all C & C wasn't sure how or where to post.

Spyderbabe
03-27-2008, 03:37 PM
I Sybil - the face on guy looks pretty good. The fellow in profile seems to have some issues but its hard to see.

Corby
03-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Hi Sybil! Thanks for sharing with us! As Spyderbabe says the "guy" on the right seems to have some issues. The ear seems to be wrapping around the head and there seems to be an awkwardness with the front leg...but it is difficult to tell, viewing it from such an extreme angle. It would be best to prop the picture up and give us a more direct face on view of it.

sybil
03-27-2008, 06:43 PM
My camera gave out on me so I couldn't get a better view. I also had to shrink it a lot. I know the profile ele' needs some help, but I could use some advice.

Corby
03-27-2008, 07:51 PM
it is something that cannot be clearly explained in words, indeed the computer work up is far from elegant, but it does show a more natural placement of ears, it indicates the tusks and gives some idea of general shaping and jointing of legs. I very much recommend that you find pictures of elephants and copy copy copy, not with the intent of copying the image exactly, but of learning where body parts are located and their general shape. Once these become natural to you...you will be doing elephants with competence. By the way, do you know what goes "thump, thump, thump, squish! thump, thump, thump, squish! ?

any drawer of elephants is required to know: It is an elephant with one wet bootie!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Mar-2008/70790-eleph.jpg

sybil
03-27-2008, 08:12 PM
That's funny. I needed a bit of humor. My camera isn't the only thing giving me fits. My computer had crashed on me and it took 10 days to get the factory reboot disk, and I still lost everything. I'm trying to have a sence of humor though!