PDA

View Full Version : Sara's Pond

greensyster
03-27-2008, 02:25 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/03-27-2008/135872_saras_pond_wc.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Sara's Pond
Year Created: 2008
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 36
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This was my first painting after 25+yrs absence. Finished this January. Have since completed 4 and quarter of the way into another one :)

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Please be kind - being my first, this is like a baby but I think I have improved since; however umming and arhing about improvements... Suggestions most welcome.

diquattrom
03-27-2008, 07:42 AM
I like it. Good job with the reflections. You should call it "Gossipy Neighbor" It looks like the two trees are talking and the one on the right has a whopper of a story, the other has it's hand on hip as if to say, "here she goes again!".

thomas w
03-27-2008, 08:31 AM
I like the composition and the dimensions of this. You did an excellent job with the brushwork as well.
Thomas W

NOAHSseascapes
03-27-2008, 12:50 PM
:thumbsup: I agree with the previous comments...in particular I really like the sense of remoteness and isolation i get when i glance at the right half...if this your first piece after 25 years...i'm really looking forward to seeing more from you...keep them coming!

Noah

artbywr
03-27-2008, 12:59 PM
I think you did a great job. Isn't it lovely to be painting after such a long time? Makes you wonder why you ever stopped.

Wendy

mariahrt
03-27-2008, 02:14 PM
I like it alot. It is quite serene and I absolutely agree with all the others as well. Look forward to your future work. That left side draws you in as well and makes me want to go for a nice peaceful walk! Great painting.

Corby
03-27-2008, 06:09 PM
"And I say Maude! It came out of the water gnashing its teeth at me and thrashing its tail and it was this long!!!".....what an absolutely gem of a painting! The other tree hunching its shoulders in horror...."OH! Gwinney!...Whatever did you do then?"....

greensyster
03-27-2008, 08:04 PM
How wonderful to wake up and find all these delicious replies - you are all so generous! And I love the idea of the 'Gossipy Neighbours' Diquattrom especially with the tale started by C.L. Magnuson. And yes it is intoxicating to be painting again Artbywr - like a muse has fallen upon my shoulder and just wont let me go :) My latest painting I put on Structured Critique 'Clearing the Land' earlier this week and currently am working on a 4ft x 3ft canvas seascape. House cleaning, washing, cooking I have a dim memory of ! Thankfully also have the most incredibly supportive and encouraging (not to mention tolerant) husband. Thank you all again.

John Jaster
03-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Wow. It's just so lovely, and I feel like I'm there. Really nice. Welcome back to it.

gaensanger
03-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Wonderful work, full of feeling! Beautiful done.

allanom
03-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Has an attractively ethereal, otherworldly quality about it. And I love the pink / green balance you have attained. Very nice piece.

Allan

greensyster
04-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Oops - didn't know these posts were here :D

John thank you - it's actually a 'romantised' scene down by our friends dam (but there are barramundie in it - good size for eating too! )

gaensanger - thanks indeed.

allanom - thanks for the colour comment - was trying hard not to end up with a sea of green and although the gossipy neighbours aren't exactly that mix in real life, I was hoping I might get away with at least this time! :lol: