GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Eyes on You
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I started a sort of theme of values and color blocks and this was one on a few, but a bit unique in it's close up composition.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I'm interested in any opinions. I have retired the theme, and wonder if I should retire it (and it's category) from my website. Any feedback is welcome.

thomas w
03-26-2008, 08:48 AM
Well done, nice color and detail.
Thomas W

zoropb
03-26-2008, 12:45 PM
Jenny the best critique of all is the market. What some good painters here may think may not be the market reality or what the masses think or like. For example... the movie critiques may say a movie may suck only to be a box office video sales smash. Let the market decide as it is the truth and only opinion that counts if it sells or not.
Perhaps test the waters on ebay and get a quick answer to your question.

Sergio

La_
03-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Mornin' Jenny

I wonder why you've 'retired' this theme ... i had a look at your website and think this theme shows some of your best works ... i really like alot of the pieces on the portraits section too- 'newlyweds' for eg. I wouldn't delete.

I notice, on this piece, the eyes are waaaay too close together, something to be careful of as i see it in a few of your pieces - leave a space for a third eye between : ) when you get it right tho, you really get it right.

la

kathrynlovespets
03-26-2008, 01:31 PM
stunning work
The placement of the eyes on the canvas is perfect.
Only thing i'd change is the colors, but thats personal preference (the yellow would change to yellow green)

tgsloth
03-26-2008, 03:24 PM
Un-retire it, I say. Look at John McCain. He could be fishing in Florida at his age but he's trying for a new job!

The originality and decorative quality of your work is such that it could IMO be very attractive to a lot of buyers.

Regarding the specific post, I'd suggest that the round spot in the lower left is not a good treatment but it's a very small pothole in what is a beautiful creation.

gaensanger
03-26-2008, 04:11 PM
Looks cool! Beautiful blue eyes.

Ms.Understood
03-26-2008, 04:48 PM
Well--I am pleasantly surprised by the responses! Thank-you all, and nice to "see" and hear from some you I remember when I posted over here more frequently. (I am mostly posting in acrylics, but I didn't want any of them to say anything just to be nice, so I popped in here for some more brutal feedback.) La, thanks for taking the time to check out my website! Newlyweds was a wedding gift for some friends--they responded very well, but it's good to hear someone unrelated likes it!:thumbsup:

I just landed a new venue to hang, so I am going to go ahead and "unretire" these and hang them there instead of stashing them in a dark closet. So my paintings would like to thank-you for saving them from impending doom!!:D And if I should sell any, I'll see to it you all get a commission!:wink2:

MRSBB
03-26-2008, 06:28 PM
Hi Jenny. I just checked your web site and my favorites there are Long day, New truck, and Home away from home. I agree with Sergio, you just have to put it on your site and wait for the right person to come along. Just because I didn't choose something else, doesn't mean it is not good, it was just not my taste. Thank God people are different or it would be a boring world. Enjoy your art and do your own thing. Keep having fun.........Lenore

Ms.Understood
03-26-2008, 11:58 PM
Lenore--you are right of course. It's hard to part with some of them and I am almost embarrassed if not uncertain of some--but some one says something about something I didn't see before and it breaths a bit of new life into what was once stale. Thank-you for checking out my website as well!:wave:

zoropb
03-27-2008, 01:35 AM
J. I forgot to mention... I looked at your entire site earlier and I like most of your work I think it is very marketable. It's just a matter of what the market will pay.

Sergio

Ms.Understood
03-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Thanks for looking and the vote of confidence Sergio--truly appreciated! I only started showing 3 months ago, and surprisingly I have sold a few peices already.