PDA

View Full Version : the Oil Gusher Mar. 24 - Mar. 30

Pat Isaac
03-24-2008, 09:23 AM
Good morning everyone,

Great sunny morning, though cool. Hope you all had a great weekend. We had a nice time with family and friends, and the new recipes I tried on them were a big hit..Always fun to try new recipes on unsuspecting folk.
I hope to get some studio work in today, though I will be taking a side trip to the DR. regarding an ugly rash that has decided to take residence on me...Hopefully it is some kind of allergy..
So come in and share your joys, concerns...or just the day to day routine and lets get aquainted.

Have a great day:) :) :)

Pat

Scarefishcrow
03-24-2008, 12:08 PM
Pat--I hope your rash problem is minor. Beautiful "Dyngus Day" here in central Wisconsin. Don't know what "Dyngus Day" is, then you must go here and find out what interesting rituals accompany the Monday following Easter. (Watch out, ladies, for guys with buckets of water and willow switches!!!!)

Curious??? Make sure you read past the introduction under "Specific Traditions"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyngus_Day

Now, everyone have a nice day and see y'all later. I'm off to find a bucket and willow tree!!
:evil: :evil:

Bill

:music: :heart: :music:

Pat Isaac
03-24-2008, 04:10 PM
It was basically minor.....allergic reaction to medication that I started taking last month...:eek: Because the allergy is internal it may take up to 3 weeks to get it out of my system...and the doctor is pretty sure that is the problem.
Now as for those buckets of water.....when you least expect ....:evil: :evil:

Pat

Scarefishcrow
03-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Wendell (and anyone else, for that matter)--
I doctored the composition on the breakers picture and thought I would see what you (and anyone else) thought. The new version is smudgy because of cloning to fill holes from cut/paste operations. Think this is better than the original (as far as coposition compared to the first? Both are attached. Any other suggestions welcome.

Hope everyone's ailments are improving and no new ones develop!!!

Top of the morning to you all!

(Pat--Make it through Dyngus Day without incident?????:lol: :lol: )

Bill

Pat Isaac
03-25-2008, 09:12 AM
That looks better now, Bill and should work out fine composition wise.
Ailment improving, but it is still one big itch! :eek:
I will spend the day at my studio today and hope to accomplish much. Can't go to the pool today as they would probably throw me out, thinking I have some retched disease...the rash is ugly....
I also have a design to do for my daughter who is doing the Avon walk for breast cancer. She wants a T-shirt design for their team. I have the idea, just have to do the final copy.

I made it through Dyngus Day....:lol:

Pat

Scarefishcrow
03-25-2008, 09:24 AM
That's wonderful your daughter is participating in the walk for Breast Cancer. My mother-in-law, whom I came to think of as a real mom died this past fall after having Breast Cancer approximately 37 years ago. She was always very active and worked closely with survivor groups. She was the type of person that always gave back more than she took and was energetic. She fought the cancer for more than 37 years valiantly and in September she very quickly succumbed to liver complications probably related to the cancer. She lived life fully and when the time to fight was obviously over, she showed us more than anyone I can ever remember how to leave this world with dignity, grace, love and compassion for those she was leaving behind. One generally doesn't think the death of an "in-law" will touch them as deeply, but for some the "in-law" is superfluous to the "Mother". She would be glad to hear of others continuing the fight and making people realize that cancer is survivable. My mother also survived many years following breast cancer. I just recently learned my brother has very early stage prostate cancer and hope that his outcome will be positive as well!

Don't mean this to be downbeat, quite the opposite. With people like your daughter raising awareness more people will realize with early detection all sorts of cancers are not death sentences but quite survivable with early treatment!!

Give my cheers to your daughter and her team!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
If I had a Pink Ribbon I would stick that on too!

Bill
:music: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :music:

Pat Isaac
03-25-2008, 09:43 AM
Thanks, Bill. My in-laws were also very dear to me, very much my family.
My daughter walks in DC and this is her 4th year. Her team is walking in memory of a co-worker who died this past year and also for other friends and relatives. They walk 26 miles over 2 days. The walk there is the first weekend in May and hopefully the weather will be as glorious as it was last year. The year before they walked in the rain, both days.

I have been watching the Red Sox play the opener in Japan. Exciting game and they are winning right now....

Off to the studio, back later.

Pat...:angel:

Scarefishcrow
03-25-2008, 12:11 PM
It is nice to see your daughter inherited your halo! You can even lend her the super glue if she needs it! In fact, it's kind of fun to see that halo tilt a little from time to time!

:wave:
Bill

In JAPAN???? Boy am I out of touch with the sports world:eek: :eek: :eek:

Scarefishcrow
03-25-2008, 12:26 PM
I've been reading a book called "Finding your Visual Voice" and one of the artist's featured in the book I realized works now primarily in Oil Pastel. His name is Vince Gasparich and he does almost whimsical interpretations of New Mexico landscapes. He has a short video of him working with OP and a gallery of some of his work. Thought some might be interested so here is a link to his web site:

http://www.gasparichart.com/

He does a step by stem demo in the book I have (by Dakota Michill with Lee Haroun, Nothlight Books).

Bill

Peiwend
03-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Bill, that looks much better! Be careful of having a halo of spray as if the water were hitting a flat wall.

Pat, it's good to hear of the contributions of your daughter and yourself in fighting the big "C".

________________________________Wendell

Pat Isaac
03-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the link, Bill. Interesting site and I like his whimsical landscapes. I'll have to check out that book.

Pat

Scarefishcrow
03-27-2008, 12:00 AM
I just got the book from North Light.

Here is a link at Amazon but I got it through the NLBC:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1581808070/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-2249436-4179248#reader-link

It's kind of a self help, guide you through questioning what it is that stimulates you in art. Has lots of different artists and styles.

Bill

AngelaF
03-27-2008, 12:44 PM
] Hi everyone, my panels for the mural project are finally finished and I will be shipping them this afternoon. I am posting the befores and afters here in the gusher, since they are not OP's. Thanks for your interest. I did spend longer on them than I had intended, had about five-six days interruptions with family needs during the last three weeks. Angela
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Mar-2008/84584-Panel_227_resized.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Mar-2008/84584-Panel_227_finished.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Mar-2008/84584-Panel_229_AngelaFinney_resized.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Mar-2008/84584-Panel_229_AngelaFinney_Finished.JPG

AngelaF
03-27-2008, 12:46 PM
Post by mistake. Gotta go ship panels, do grocery shopping and catch up on housework. Hope to be back soon.

Scarefishcrow
03-27-2008, 03:12 PM
Angela--Congrats on finishing up. I know you are glad to have gotten everything done. It certainly is a fantastic honor to be chosen to participarte in a project like this. It looks as if it will be a very interesting mural!

Bill

Pat Isaac
03-27-2008, 03:18 PM
Hooray for you getting all the panels done. It will certainly be interesting seeing all the panels together, they are amazing.

Pat

Tracy Lewis
03-31-2008, 06:38 AM
Hi everyone. I have been having a go at painting and drawing for over a year now. Art supplies, or more to the point, pastels are seriously difficult to get hold of here in my neck of the world.
I have just done something very naughty! I have just ordered a 92 piece "ART ASPIRER" PASTEL SET AND A FEW OTHER BITS AND PIECES. Jerry's had a half price sale. I wonder how much international shipping will cost me? Don't tell my hubby please!

Pat Isaac
03-31-2008, 07:34 AM
Welcome Tracy....how nice to have you joining us more often and what a great set you have..Bill uses those OPs and likes them very much.
Have fun.

Pat