PDA

View Full Version : Next Star Artist 08

artforprofits.com
03-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Attention Visual Artists: If you think you have what it takes to set the art world on fire then keep reading because on the 19th of March 2008, the search for the art world’s Next Star Artist will begin.
Art market analyst, consultant and art critic Nicholas Forrest of Art Market Blog (www.ArtMarketBlog.com (http://www.artmarketblog.com/)) fame has today announced the launch of Next Star Artist (www.NextStarArtist.com (http://www.nextstarartist.com/)), a groundbreaking new art competition for emerging visual artists.
Beginning on the 19th of March, artists from all over the world will go head to head in an international search for the artist with the highest potential for success in the art market. Unlike any other art competition, every facet of each entrant’s profile, career and work will be assessed to determine which artist is the most likely to achieve art world fame and commercial success.
The winner of the competition will receive an amazing promotion and PR package that includes, amongst other things, a solo online exhibition, an online media blitz, and three months of mentoring, advice and promotion by art consultant Nicholas Forrest.
Entry is free and is open to visual artists over the age of 18 who fulfil the entry criteria, and to all mediums (including craft, design and jewellery) with the exception of Video Art, Film and Performance Art. Entries will be accepted starting on the 19th of March 2008 and will close on the 23rd of May 2008.
For further information on this unique and exciting project and for entry details please visit the Next Star Artist website at www.NextStarArtist.com (http://www.nextstarartist.com/)

JeffG
03-24-2008, 08:29 AM
Terms and Conditions:
1. By entering the Next Star Artist competition you are agreeing to donate one major original artwork to the promoter of the Next Star Artist competition to be held in the ArtMarketBlog.com art collection for a period of at least five years after which time the artwork may be sold at the discretion of the promoter.

Whoa :eek:

artforprofits.com
03-24-2008, 11:39 PM
only the winner has to donate an artwork, not all the entrants

artforprofits.com
04-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Well, the Next Star Artist (http://www.nextstarartist.com) competition is receiving lots of attention which has resulted in the addition of a few other prizes the first of which is one year of free web hosting on the artist website/blogging platform (FineArtStudioOnline.com) as well as a copy of the e-book “11 Essential Elements of Every Artist Website.”

If anyone would like to sponsor the Next Star Artist competition and offer a prize in exchange for being featured in upcoming advertising and media releases please contact me via the Art Market Blog or email me at [email protected]

artforprofits.com
04-08-2008, 01:15 AM
Check out the new Next Star Artist competition blog at http://nextstarartist.wordpress.com

artforprofits.com
04-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Changes to Next Star Artist Competition

Hi all,

I hope that everyone is well. As the Next Star Artist competition is an entirely new concept there were bound to be some areas that needed tweaking. The first change is the removal of the condition of entry that the winner of the competition must donate an artwork to the artmarketblog.com art collection. For those people out there that were opposed to the winner being required to donate an artwork, (even though there is no entry fee and I am doing this purely for artists) the winner DOES NOT have to donate an artwork now.
I am also proposing a change to the judging structure whereby the winner will be chosen from the ten finalists by a group of judges (30 or so) as opposed to a public vote. Each of the judges would be sent the list of finalists and would then make their choice with the winner being the artist who receives the most votes. If anyone opposed this change to the judging structure or has another suggestion please let me know.

Mary C. Aikens
05-27-2008, 08:36 PM
:heart: Yes, I would love to enter in the "Next Star Artist 08" provididing if it is not too late...

Please let me know one way or another.

Thank you,

Mary C. Aikens, Artist & new member
Home: (704) 599-6928
Cell: (704) 649-8755

artforprofits.com
07-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Next Star Artist Competition 2008 Winner Announced

American artist Herb Williams has been announced as the winner of the 2008 Next Star Artist competition (www.nextstarartist.com), the global search for the visual artist with the highest potential for success in the art market. The winner of the competition was chosen by a panel of fifteen judges that consisted of influential people from various sectors of the art world.

Herb Williams is a Nashville, Tennessee based sculptor whose innovative use of crayons to construct highly tactile and engaging sculptures are impressive to say the least and attracted plenty of attention from the Next Star Artist judges. According to his website (www.herbwilliamsart.com), Williams is the “only individual in the world with an account with Crayola”. As the winner of the competition, Williams will receive an amazing promotion and PR package that includes, amongst other things, a solo online exhibition, an online media blitz, and three months of mentoring, advice and promotion by art consultant and art market analyst Nicholas Forrest.

“The reason that I created the Next Star Artist competition is that I come across so many fantastic artists who either do not have the skills to promote themselves or are just not in a position to take advantage of the promotional opportunities that are available. I would like to congratulate Herb Williams for winning the first Next Star Artist competition and would also like to thank all the artist’s who entered the competition and wish them all the best of luck in their future endeavours” Nicholas Forrest (founder of Next Star Artist competition)