PDA

View Full Version : Blue Vase

Mike_Beeman
03-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Happy Easter!
This piece will be donated to the Art for the Cure to help support the Awarness and Prevention of Breast Cancer in Wyoming. For tickets and more information visit artforthecure.orgor stop by Deselms Fine Art 303 East 17th Street Cheyenne, Wy.
"Blue Vase" is 11.5" x 15.5" and is painted on Gray canson paper with NuPastels, Rembrandts, Terry Ludwigs and the same mystery stuff.
C&C welcome!
Thanks for Looking!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Mar-2008/49603-bluevase.jpg

Adiro
03-23-2008, 10:17 AM
So beautiful!!!! you are very generous to donate it, I hope it helps the cause! I love the unusual composition and all the beautiful color rendering!

Adiro
03-23-2008, 10:19 AM
sorry to post again, I was just scrolling down when it crossed my eyes, the composition might lose some tension if you crop a little at the bottom ( from where the little triangle at the left of image bottom begins... not sure , just imho

Paula Ford
03-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Breathtaking....so beautiful!!

Paula

Mike_Beeman
03-23-2008, 10:28 AM
That's a good observation...I think I'll take care of that right now!
Thanks!

sorry to post again, I was just scrolling down when it crossed my eyes, the composition might lose some tension if you crop a little at the bottom ( from where the little triangle at the left of image bottom begins... not sure , just imho

Bryarpatch
03-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Beautiful piece for a great cause! Kudos

Mike_Beeman
03-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Here's a revised version...softened the lower area of the cloth and cropped it closer to what the mat size will be.
Thanks!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Mar-2008/49603-bluevase2.jpg

bnoonan
03-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Hi Mike, I love the feel of the flowers - loose and yet defined. I also love the color of the vase - it just glows.

I think however you have some drawing issues to contend with. I flipped this photo backwards and saw this.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Mar-2008/13264-2.jpg

It may be the photograph - so check your actual painting with the mirror first before doing any kind of adjustments.

Just a quick tip! Barb
:thumbsup:

svo164
03-23-2008, 11:05 AM
My gosh, your colors and strokes are beautiful. I have studied your two WIPs (Marty and Feather Dancer) with gratitude for your posting them.
For me, your work vibrates with the joy of creation.

As only a very early (well, perhaps late, since I am well into retirement) beginner, I can't give constructive criticism, but I can certainly enjoy.

Sandra

maw-t
03-23-2008, 11:39 AM
WOW this is breathtaking!! I love your strokes.. it looks like an oil painting.. & what a great cause! I am sure this will bring a nice contribution.. I really love your work!!!

Kathryn Wilson
03-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Mike - I am drooling over this vase (I love pottery) and the color is my favorite too! So painterly, it is lovely!

But, I do have to agree with Barb - the vase is tipping a bit and the table edge is sloping up? It may all be a photograph thing, but it might be good to check it out.

Colorix
03-23-2008, 03:54 PM
Exquisite! Love it! But, there is a tiny 'wobble' or indention (indenture?) -- it is pushed in! -- of the contour of the vase on the shadow side, right in the middle of it, where the real dark of the bg starts.

You post entirely too seldom, Mike! You're one of my 'heros' here on WC.

Mike_Beeman
03-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Appreciate all the comments and great advice...Barb ...using photoshop to flip the image is much better than the mirror, it really points out your errors. I had made some revisions on the right side late last night and in the process wiped away part of the vase. I really didn't notice it until you pointed it out....and wow, it was really off!
Thanks!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Mar-2008/49603-bluevase.jpg

bnoonan
03-23-2008, 06:51 PM
Glad to assist the master Mike.

Oh - still not sure it's right however. I see the viewer's left to be at more of an angle - and the viewer's right to be straighter.

Are you sorry you asked? B

binkie
03-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Regardless how it sits, it is stunning!! Double kudos to you for donating it for a cause that is near and dear to my heart.

binkie

Mike_Beeman
03-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Never sorry that I asked..Appreciate your comments and I'll have it on the viewing board for a few days !
Mike

Glad to assist the master Mike.

Oh - still not sure it's right however. I see the viewer's left to be at more of an angle - and the viewer's right to be straighter.

Are you sorry you asked? B

AliciaS
03-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Mike this is absolutely beautiful, from the first picture even!! Please don't change anymore, I enjoy slight imperfections such as it being a little off,
that didn't bother me, to me it gave it movement and appeared more painterly..i love love love it!

Merethe T
03-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Stunning, I love it!!!

Merethe

Rose Baggs
03-24-2008, 01:50 PM
Ohh...Wow...Another great piece.
I totally agree with Alicia: "Please don't change anymore, I enjoy slight imperfections such as it being a little off,
that didn't bother me, to me it gave it movement and appeared more painterly..i love love love it!"
:)

qpdoll
03-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Somehow I ran across your paintings on the web before here at WC and fell in love with them. This one is no different. Let us see more please.

chewie
03-24-2008, 08:59 PM
this has such a painterly quality, very fine piece! i do think you've tinkered enough tho., frame it and let it go

purpleheather
03-26-2008, 12:00 PM
Love it - soft, tender. Very appropriate.

Anne

Westerngirl
03-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Just beautiful! And I, too, like the little imperfections that make a painting a painting!

Susan Jenkins
03-26-2008, 04:05 PM
This painting is just plain GORGEOUS....!! If there is still a slight lean to the vase I don't even care!

LOVE your technique!
:clap: susan