PDA

View Full Version : Nujabi paper?

APCenter
03-17-2008, 12:53 AM
I just saw this paper on Jerry's Artarama's site. Sounds intriguing, and at a nice price.

It's a handmade paper, all four edges deckled. Four varieties available: 140lb extra rough, 140lb medium rough, 200 lb medium rough, and 200lb soft cold press. The 140lb sheets are available for $2.29 per full sheet, and the 200lb sheets for $2.85 per. So a handmade paper around half the price of Arches or Fabriano. They also sell a variety pack with three sheets of each type (so 12 total) for $27.99.

It is also available in a few smaller formats, each with four natural deckles, marine-sized sheets (long format), and circular pieces.

Sounds like it might be a paper well worth investigating, even though I'd never heard of it until now. Has anyone tried this stuff? Any comments?

Pars
03-17-2008, 01:23 AM
I've used this paper quite often in blocks. It has a different texture and feel than other watercolour paper--rougher and more tinted than even off-white watercolour paper by other manufacturers. It is not very forgiving, but I rather liked it. It probably is worth trying to see if it suits your style, and perhaps the sample pack would be a good idea to start with.

Srishti
03-17-2008, 01:30 AM
Wow, that sounds wonderful Brandon.... It would be interedsting to try it... Though I just bought a big load of paper... Let us know how you like it if you try it....

HarvestMoon
03-17-2008, 01:27 PM
One of the guys at the Jerry's store really loves this... I bought a few sheets to save for when I am good enough to paint on such a beautiful paper... now I wonder where I put it?