PDA

View Full Version : Do these shoes make me look taller?

bnoonan
03-16-2008, 06:19 PM
So.... I need to do a bit more work - like removing that left rear leg and perhaps the shading behind the shoes - oh and a little more drawing correction on the heels... but this is what I'm hoping to refine.

Enjoy? Let me know and please C&C.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Mar-2008/13264-taller.jpg
Barb

backlash
03-16-2008, 06:32 PM
this is hysterical, Barb! I love the earrings... and is that nail polish?? Too funny. Also love the colors you've used in the Dachsie. Great job!

Leslie

bnoonan
03-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Thanks Leslie, I love the earrings too! Barb

water girl
03-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Can you hear me laughing? I love the look on the dog's face.....indignant!

VeronicaF
03-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Beautiful Barb,beautiful, stunning colours,and so cute!!

*Violet*
03-16-2008, 07:24 PM
adorable !! ... cute idea ... love the execution !!

fiannah
03-16-2008, 07:30 PM
brillantly done, what a sweet looking pup :) :clap:

bnoonan
03-16-2008, 08:27 PM
thanks very much! So many ideas... so little time and talent!

Barb

Deborah Secor
03-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Oh Barb...well, hope it's okay with you if I tell ya what I expected... You showed this one in progress without the shoes and in my mind's eye I saw a little dog with her feet slipped into BIG shoes, just as if she had playfully placed her feet into the heels left on the carpet. I expected one to be askew, or on it's side or something. This would give scale to the dog, too.

Now I'll just giggle and go on! Guess that was my idea--not yours.

Doxie Dachsie? Sorry--Leslie's comment made me think of it! :lol:

Deborah

binkie
03-16-2008, 10:12 PM
Hi Barb,

This is so adorable and made me smile. One question, if the high heels belong to the doxie's person should they be a lot bigger in relation to the paws?

binkie

maw-t
03-16-2008, 10:46 PM
LOL! Luv it!! Should her feet be IN the shoes??? Love the title too.. a doxie needs all the help they can get in that area:) I think you are on to something that could really catch on big time!!! Dress those puppys UP!! I want one of my lil Chihuahua in tutu & slippers please!!

M Douglas
03-17-2008, 01:25 AM
Sooooooo Cute!!! lol I love it. Her left foot/paw looks like it has the right shoe on but the right foot/paw also looks like it has the right shoe on. Did I get that right? lol

Melodie

jackiesimmonds
03-17-2008, 06:49 AM
I love the idea, love it love it, really made me smile........but would also like to see her in BIGGER shoes, you could never buy tiny wee shoes that would fit doggy feet, unless they are doll's shoes?. It would be even more hilarious with the feet in big human's shoes.

bnoonan
03-17-2008, 12:02 PM
Well I see we have some distinct opinions on shoes here!!! LOL Well I have to decide what makes the best fit... get it???

My painting - my shoes!!! Thanks for the giggle with me. Now I need to get to the rest in the series if I can conjure up some whimsy.... seems like I kept it around here somewhere????

Barb

AliciaS
03-17-2008, 12:36 PM
This is Hilarious!!

Deborah Secor
03-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Absolutely YOUR painting! No doubt about it, darlin'! :lol: Love your sense of humor.

:D
Deborah

Paula Ford
03-17-2008, 12:53 PM
LOL...adorable!!

*Marina*
03-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Barb, I just had a good laugh. The face of the dog is fantastic and I love the shoes.

Colorix
03-17-2008, 06:18 PM
The dog is awsome, and the shoes idea is wonderful!!! High heels like this have a sole that describe sort of an s-curve, flattish where the spiky heel is attached, curving gently at the arch of the foot, and then rather abruptly changing direction for the front part of the foot and toes. As the dog is very realistic, I'd expect the shoes to be real looking too. Unless you want a cartoonish look, then what you've got is just right!

I can't get over your mastery of animals, gaahh, I'm rather green with envy!

bnoonan
03-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Ok Charlie - are you implying that I don't know the shape of high heels... LOLOLOLOL - well you are right!!!! I had to borrow a friend's high heels to see what to do since she described these as "cartoonish" too and too much so for the rest of the piece. Hahaha! Well if I had her in sneakers or Birkenstocks it would be a whole lot easier - oh hey - I just figured out that the golden retriever needs to wear the birkenstocks - just laid back enough!

Thanks so much for the great laughs! Barb

Deborah Secor
03-17-2008, 09:48 PM
YES-- the Golden in Birkenstocks is next! Then the chihuahua in ballet slippers. Then what? You have a series, girl!

Deborah

nvcricket
03-18-2008, 01:03 AM
This series sounds like too much fun! I love this whimsy!

Great depiction of the doxie!

How about a Zebra with dalmation spots, or dalmation with Zebra stripes., or short haired terrier named fluffy. A samoyed poolside facing a fan, "am I cool or what?"
I'm stealing your thunder, you are really onto something here! Can't wait for the next installment!

Carol

Artaholic
03-18-2008, 01:23 AM
What a darling painting!! My Step mother used to order her little shoes from a place called Cinderella Shoes. They made grown up high heels for people with little feet. I presume that is where the red shoes came from, LOL

Tatijana
03-22-2008, 12:57 AM
hi barb
love your sense of humor
can do one titled cinderella -i'll let your imagination can go from there....
tatijana

Doogun
03-22-2008, 01:31 AM
Barb,
This painting takes on a special meaning for me. I have a little girl "mini weanie dog" named Buffy, who is a black and tan just like the one you have depicted. Great job!!
Larry