Dick

mf.sutton
07-02-2002, 01:30 PM
Wow, fantastic picture, I just love it, the sky is especially good

mike
:clap: :clap:

sandge
07-02-2002, 03:45 PM
Brilliant! I love the texture of the grasses. That detail contrasts with the softer treatment of the background to give a nice sense of distance. Great job! :D

mmdm
07-02-2002, 08:06 PM
Oh yeah, I like this!

TeAnne
07-02-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by mmdm
Oh yeah, I like this!
Yeah, what Melisa said. :clap:

labang
07-03-2002, 08:05 AM
Very nice Dima I like the way the reeds were done, it looks like a fairly cool day there.

Labang

AriadneArts
07-03-2002, 12:54 PM
This is beautiful, Dick. Love the clouds, the water and especially the grasses. Wonderful work!

KarenU
07-03-2002, 12:58 PM
Dick...another beautiful piece. Love those striking foreground grasses against that blue water...and the sky is magnificent...the purple of the clouds reflected in the water is wonderful.

surreal
07-04-2002, 05:30 PM
Dima,
It is lovely!

Didn't I see a similar work on the landscape forum?
I believe the land in the background was darker, and I preferred it that way.

Yet still, this is a wonderful piece!

surreal :D

Victor
07-04-2002, 05:45 PM
Yes, I like this one too, and agree with everyone else..

Victor....

Laura Brito
07-04-2002, 09:17 PM
Dima, I would love to see your progression in photos of one of your pictures like this! At least it would be helpful to me!

I love your work, this picture is just really wonderful.

Laura

ceEllicott
07-04-2002, 11:45 PM
I agree with all the comments: this is great.

However . . .
it does have a few details that would bug me if it were my painting ----
ONE: the background needs some variation in line. Look at the shape of the: clouds running across, the trees running across, the shore/bank running across the page. They all have the same shape and seem (to me) to be crying out to be different.

TWO: the black bank (at the far edge of the water) is too intense. Colors tend to wash out at such a distance. The trees (I imagine) would appear cooler or less vibrant that far away.

but the fact that it's GREAT does need repeating. :)
Good work.

cheryl

Dima
07-07-2002, 02:56 PM
Thanks everybody for looking and commenting.

Laura, maybe I should and maybe I will.
Not that I feel I am good or proficient enough to do a demo, but I like to see how others go about their works and how they do it.
So maybe I should do the same for people who would like that.
You should know however that I am a novice with pastels and do not work very systemathically up till now.
And I must not forget to take photographs while busy (might prove to be the hardest part?).
So I just might do that.

Cheryl, your remarks touch on the weaker points of this pastel and were actually discussed in the landscape forum where I also posted this one.

Dick