PDA

View Full Version : Europeans : question about Pastel Journal delivery time

Colorix
03-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Hello Europeans,

I'm sure some of you have a subscription to the Pastel Journal. Please, I'd like to know how long it takes for an issue to reach you?

Same time as in the US?
X number of months later? (I suspect this is the case, but is it 3 or 6 months?)

I'd love to know, as I've not gotten my first issue yet. (The free gift arrived speedily, though.) I subscribed in the beginning of December... 2007...

Thanks,
Charlie in Sweden

WC Lee
03-12-2008, 08:04 PM
you received the free gift already?? I subscribed in Jan 2008 and still haven't gotten mine yet :( I asked once in Feb, they said in March and recently I asked again, they said in 4 to 6 weeks ...

but I received the magazine already ...

artinwc
03-12-2008, 08:22 PM
My hubby entered a subscription for me back in Nov. 2007 and we still haven't gotten an issue. He emailed them recently and they said they'd get back to him.??? That was 2 weeks ago.

Judith

Anne Hevener
03-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Here's what I've learned about this process (which I know can be really aggravating): How quickly that first issue is delivered depends on several variables, beginning with when the order is received in our production process.

According to our circulation manager, because international orders go into a "main file," if a subscription order comes into our fulfillment center on 3/27, for example, that subscriber will receive the June issue which mails out on 4/22--just about 4 weeks or so from when the order was placed. If, however, the subscription comes in on 3/28 or later, that subscriber will have missed the June issue print order cut-off date, and won't be included in a label run until the August issue pulls on 5/25 (and mails out on 6/24).

Add to that the difference in postal delivery times, and it's very difficult to say for sure how long to expect.

Once a subscriber is on file, though, he or she ought to receive issues on a regular basis--approximately 8 weeks apart--and will always get the full subscription term that was ordered/paid for (6 issues, for example, or 12 for a two-year subscription).

Of course, mistakes do happen, and if you have any concerns about your subscription order, follow this link to find an email link and phone number for our customer service department: http://www.artistsnetwork.com/contactus/ .

If that fails, please check in with the editorial staff at [email protected], and we'll see what we can do to help.

I hope this sheds a bit of light. And I hope you get that first issue SOON!

Colorix
03-13-2008, 12:43 PM
Hi Anne, thank you so much for the reply and the information. I'm fairly sure the subscription was registered just fine, as I got the gift. If I understand correctly, it seems I'll have to hold out until the next issue. I'm eagerly awaiting it, and am very happy you do ship abroad/overseas so we 'aliens' get access to the journal. Books can take anything between 3 days to 6 weeks to reach me (with exactly the same manner of shipping), so I guess this will be much the same. I'll just have to continue to bowl over the postman as I rush to the mailbox to see if it has arrived! :-)

Thank you a lot,
Charlotte

*Marina*
03-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Charlotte, I subscribe to PJ as well. In the beginning it was very slow, had to wait weeks, months. The last three issues were shipped from Switzerland and arrived here quite quickly. Got the april issue last week.

Colorix
03-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Thanks a lot, Marina! Just what I wanted to know. The post in the Netherlands is comparable to the Swedish one, too. I guess I'll have to wait for the next issue, that ought to come!

Must be mystifying to get it via Schweiz... I got US books from Auckland once, in only three days! Had just the vaguest notion Auckland was down under somewhere, and yes, it was in New Zeeland. Who'd send me anything from *there*? LOL.

Mario V
04-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Must be mystifying to get it via Schweiz... I got US books from Auckland once, in only three days! Had just the vaguest notion Auckland was down under somewhere, and yes, it was in New Zeeland. Who'd send me anything from *there*? LOL.

How mistifiying is this... A month ago I received my October 2007 issue and it was postmarked from India!!! I have sent a couple of complaints and PJ replied quickly but all in vain. I love the Journal and paid another 2 years but I feel like a fool.
Months ago I bought a couple of old issues and CD, but never received anything.
Other magazines from the same publisher are arriving ok once you receive the first one. I get Artist's Magazine and Watercolor Magazine regularly.
Hard to understand but this is my experience.

Colorix
05-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Update.

With all the rush I've had, I forgot to say that my April issue arrived on April 22, or thereabouts. So it all worked just fine, and I'm on the system now. I appreciated it very much that Anne H took an interest and explained in a post in this thread.

Now I eagerly await the next issue. :-D

Charlie

*Marina*
05-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Should arrive soon, mine arrived some time last week.

eagle owl
05-23-2008, 09:15 AM
After all my initial trouble mine comes regularly now.

Anne was a great help.

Carol

Ceci
05-23-2008, 02:23 PM
Well, I suscribed in March and my hubby has been constantly going to the post office to see if it arrived, so I will not bother with it anymore, when it comes, it comes. Our post is not as good as rest of europe :crying:
But Im glad I read this thread.
ceci

sundiver
05-25-2008, 08:47 PM
I subscribed last fall, through a school fundraiser. Nothing. And I can't find my receipt, but the other magazine I subscribed to at the same time came promptly, so it's not the school.
Hmmm. Guess I'm out of luck (and money).

Bringer
05-25-2008, 09:04 PM
Hi,

I don't want to sound devil's advocate, but I guess there's a period that must be respected for delivery ?
It's defined in the law ?

Kind regards,

Josť

soap
05-26-2008, 02:22 PM
LOL, Jose, really?
I subscribed for one year (just ended). For the first few issues I had to email a few times wondering where they were - it took months. Very annoying. They then kindly send out a replacement issue to make up for the 'lost' one and sometimes that one arrived at the same time with the 'normal' one so I had two.
The last few issues came at normal times, I am not sure, but probably around 1-2 months later than in the US.
I didn't renew my subscription.

Anne Hevener
05-27-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm happy to report that the magazine will be changing to a new international subscription delivery service some time in the next several weeks. It may take awhile to get everything in good order, but I hope you can bear with us a little longer. I'm sure there will continue to be a time difference for delivery to overseas readers (without adding significant cost to the sub price), and--as I pointed out in an earlier post--it can take some time to get a new sub into the system--but I am expecting to see delivery improvement with this change.

In the meantime, if you do have questions or concerns about the status of your subscription, please contact our customer service representatives at: http://www.artistsnetwork.com/contactus/. If that fails, please check in with the editorial staff at [email protected], and we'll see what we can do to help.

Thanks, everyone.

Ceci
06-03-2008, 03:09 PM
aha, i received it this week, was really surprised with everyone saying it took so long. What I didnt receive was the gift and I want to remember it was a piece of pan pastel which i was looking forward to sampling, since you cant get it here .
Ceci