PDA

View Full Version : Resignation as Guide

Pat Isaac
03-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Jane has resigned as guide to the OP forum, desiring to take a break and work on her painting. She will continue to post from time to time and we all wish her well in her endeavors and thank her most heartily for all her input into this forum. We couldn't have done it without you.

Pat...:heart:

Scarefishcrow
03-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Jane has resigned as guide to the OP forum, desiring to take a break and work on her painting. She will continue to post from time to time and we all wish her well in her endeavors and thank her most heartily for all her input into this forum. We couldn't have done it without you.

Pat...:heart:

Pat--I have come to respect Jane and her helpful, honest, forthright critiques. She encouraged, but never gave empty praise so that when you got a compliment from her you knew it was sincere. That is what her role was and she carried it out well. She was serious, good natured, had a sense of humor, and even though I have only been around about a month, I have come to deeply respect the job that she (AND YOU) do her on the OP forum. We often take for granted that WC is here and many of us probably have not the faintest idea of the enormous sacrifice in time and work that is donated at the expense of your own personal creative work.

I wish Jane the best in her future endeavors and thank her for the service she has given as a guide. She has helped me and been patient with what are probably naive questions on my part.

I know it will be hard to replace her and her leaving will create a void that is difficult to fill. However, she deserves to pursue her own path and I hope she knows that, IMHO, she has made a difference in people's lives.

She has impacted mine and I wish her the best and can only say I am happy for her, but sad to see her go.

Jane is one of those people that take yellow spots and make suns out of them!

In the words of an old Irish Blessing:

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand!

:clap: :wave: :angel:
Thank you Jane.
:music: :heart: :music:
:crying: :crying: :crying:
Bill

starblue
03-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Gee, I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm sure being a guide is a lot of work, and time spent on the computer is time not spent on painting. Best wishes to you, Jane, and don't be a stranger here. You'll be missed.

Peiwend
03-06-2008, 09:32 AM
Jane, your contributions here have been enormous and for that I'm sure we are all thankful. Your decision is understandable and for you most probably the right one. Good luck with your paintings and with fewer responsibilities it will be easier. I will look forward to your postings and hope to see you in the Maritimes this summer.

_______________________________Wendell

AnnieA
03-06-2008, 12:07 PM
Jane: You've made what can only be thought of as a superhuman contribution to the OP Forum - you've made certain each person gets feedback and written many excellent classroom pieces. I'm sure your contribution helped in the effort to get us our separate forum too. We all owe you a huge debt of gratitude for all your dedication. But I also can see how you wouldn't have any time for yourself to paint with all that you've been doing, so I respect your decision. Best wishes to you.

wabbitt
03-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Bummer, but I know what it is to be busy. Thanks, Jane, for all your work during the transition from the combined pastel forums. I'm glad you'll still be around as a member though.

Artchrispy
03-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Sorry to hear you're resigning but hopefully you'll be compelled to post frequently. Take care and best wishes. Chris

tubbekans
03-07-2008, 04:27 AM
Thanks for all your work in the OP forum Jane! Please do visit and let us know how things are going. Sounds like those OP sticks of yours are in for a workout now! :thumbsup: :)

Shirl Parker
03-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Jane, thanks for all you've done for us and the OP forum. I look forward to still seeing you around in an unofficial capacity.

Leo1903
03-09-2008, 12:36 AM
Jane, I recall when you just started to explore the medium yourself and were asking your own probing questions about the ins-and-outs of OP before delving into it wholeheartedly. Suddenly, you were taking on the responsibility of the guide and we all appreciated the great job that you did here.

I also really valued your critique of paintings and always paid close attention to your comments, as very often it was a subtle insight that escaped detection by other observers.

We'll all miss your contributions but respect your decision to spend more time painting. Hope that you'll continue to post.

Leo

sundiver
03-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Thanks a million, Jane- your help and hard work has been much appreciated!

AngelaF
03-13-2008, 08:44 AM
Thanks for all of your hard work with the forum, Jane. I wish you much success and joy with your painting. I look forward to still seeing you here occasionally, Angela

LJW
03-13-2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I'm taking a break from posting at the moment, but will no doubt be back. We expect to undertake some renovation work on our house which will keep me busy this spring. Wendell, I don't think we'll make to the Maritimes this summer as our budget won't stretch to house reno and travel, but I hope we'll get there sometime. Happy painting everyone. Jane

Pat Isaac
03-13-2008, 10:28 AM
Glad to hear all is well, Jane and hope you are doing lots of painting.
Good luck with the reno.

Pat

fishfan
03-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Okay, so I'm a little slow and finally figured out why I haven't seen you on WC. Jane, you've done a terrfic job here in a short time. I and everyone else appreciate your effort. I think the decision to do more paiting is a good one. I'm definitely a "part-timer" when it comes to art, and it's definitely frustrating at times. It's nice that you have the option of really going at it (aside from this spring's renovations). I've always appreciated your honest and insightful opinions and look forward to seeing you here (with new paintings) in the future. Ed

sparkling
03-16-2008, 04:38 PM
So sorry to learn this Jane, you have always been a wonderful mod, but I'm sure you have good reasons for your decision. I'm wishing you much, much success with your creative work (and the renovation!) and hope that you'll find nevertheless enough time to participate regularly in this forum :)!