PDA

View Full Version : Hot off the Torch

Glassy79
06-30-2002, 12:59 PM
Hey mike, & harold This marble is hot off the hot, (yesterday) took it out of the kiln this morning. along with a few others. when i re-size them I'll post them also.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jun-2002/Resize_of_Zebra-swirl-shad-3.JPG

Richard

BlackDotMags
06-30-2002, 01:51 PM
Great marble, Richard! I'm partial to black & white pieces. :)

Mags
~~~~

Glassy79
06-30-2002, 02:53 PM
here is another one.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jun-2002/Resize_of_Mulit-swirl.JPG

Glassy79
06-30-2002, 02:58 PM
What do you think mike?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jun-2002/Resize_of_O-multi-swirl.JPG

Modesto
06-30-2002, 03:10 PM
I love the Zebra Swirl too, great marble Richard!
I think "Galaxy" would be a good name for it for some reason.

Speaking from a newbies perspective, a ROUND marble, FREE of defects is the most difficult thing that I have tried to create with glass.

What kind of base to you have it sitting on Richard?

I think this photo is a better representation of the true B/C color balance. Let me know and I'll tell you how?

LouisCamp
06-30-2002, 03:59 PM
Hey Richard;

Looking real good......

Lou ;)

b2beads
06-30-2002, 04:10 PM
Yeah, some days a round BEAD with no defects is too much to ask! Those are wonderful marbles. One of you "marble heads" :D needs to write a Marbles 101 article. Maybe from the perspective of someone who knows how to make beads...(hmm, not self-serving there at all, am I?)

B2

Modesto
06-30-2002, 04:28 PM
LOL you're fast on the post and e-mails Richard. LOL

If there was an award given for failure of marble creation attempts...I would be in the running. Punty marks, cracks...you name it. I had to step back from it for awhile. Mike E and Richard do give me inspiration.

:cool:

I haven't tired to make a round bead yet, I like the tube shape for some reason. I guess round anything...
To be called a marble...I think it has to be round...anything less isn't a marble...maybe a egg?

Glassy79
06-30-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Harold
I love the Zebra Swirl too, great marble Richard!
I think "Galaxy" would be a good name for it for some reason.

Speaking from a newbies perspective, a ROUND marble, FREE of defects is the most difficult thing that I have tried to create with glass.

What kind of base to you have it sitting on Richard?

I think this photo is a better representation of the true B/C color balance. Let me know and I'll tell you how?

The base is a plastic cone. and your color set-up on the same marble is far better then mine. Ya gota tell me how to do thatI'll post a few more.

Richard

Glassy79
06-30-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Harold
LOL you're fast on the post and e-mails Richard. LOL

If there was an award given for failure of marble creation attempts...I would be in the running. Punty marks, cracks...you name it. I had to step back from it for awhile. Mike E and Richard do give me inspiration.

I haven't tired to make a round bead yet, I like the tube shape for some reason. I guess round anything...
To be called a marble...I think it has to be round...anything less isn't a marble...maybe a egg?

Modesto
06-30-2002, 05:53 PM
O.K. Richard...on the way via e-mail. I have attached a series of screen captured images of my desktop that will guide you.

rightbrainbeads
06-30-2002, 06:10 PM
Nice marbles Richard!

I agree with B2--- a marbles 101 for us beadmakers would be great... is that possible?

Am enjoying this forum so much!

lynne

Mike E etc
06-30-2002, 06:50 PM
WHOA HOO RICHARD:clap: You better watch your backside I'ma lookin fer ya:D You are on the high road now. Love the black and white reverse. I am going for another look later just to make sure I am seeing this right, way to go!
Mike, hard to impress, E

Glassy79
07-01-2002, 02:01 PM
here's one with more color mike.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jul-2002/Mulit-swirl-2.JPG

macbeth7
07-02-2002, 10:56 PM
Wow Richard, love the marbles...especially the black & white one!

Beth