PDA

View Full Version : The Oil Gusher Mar. 3 - Mar. 9

Pat Isaac
03-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Good morning everyone,

It's a beautiful day today with the hope of spring. Our yard was filled with robins on Sat. and they were around again yesterday. Still working on the books, but today is a studio day so I'll be off soon.
So come in and share your joys, concerns...or just the day to day routine and lets get aquainted.

Have a great day:) :) :)

Pat

AngelaF
03-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Hi Everyone --

Hope you have a good day in the studio, Pat!

Enjoying sunshine around here yesterday and this morning -- supposed to rain this afternoon and tomorrow, though.

I was my mom's, now go every other weekend unless something specific needed, and worked on sketches for the mural project. I will work on that later today after various chores and hopefully longer tomorrow.

Lovely photos you posted, Bill -- the crow did have quite and expression. The one with the people and waves was really great -- love how the compostion is so good with the people -- is that your daghter and grandchildren? I look forward very much to seeing some OP from you with these references.

Annie, I am glad you started feeling better -- really hope you are back to normal now. I hear there is a nasty flu bug going around -- at least you don't have to worry about catching it now.

Welcome Chris:wave:

Angela

Pat Isaac
03-03-2008, 02:59 PM
It was a good day in the studio, Angela and I'll be back there on Wednesday.
We are expecting a big rain storm tomorrow night which may cause flooding problems around here as last month was very wet!

I worked on my boats and prepared another board for the next painting.

Pat

Scarefishcrow
03-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Angela- The people in the photos are just people that were on the beach at sunset (no relation). I just really liked the composition of the silhouettes against the color of the sunset.

Just for the record, the "crow" is a grackle and I had my camera set on burst mode and just about died :lol: :lol: :lol: when I came across that photo. The expression on the grackle was priceless and I really don't want to know what was going through it's mind at that moment!!!!

I must be suffering jet lag. Posted the following in last week's Gusher, so I thought I would repost it here:

Hello all!! Welcome, Chris!!! Good to hear you want to hang out and keep giving us new ideas about OP.

Well, my self imposed exile to that paradise infested Isla Mujeres has ended. Now I'm back at my "Casa Mujeres" where only one woman rules!!!! I hear the violins playing, Pat, so you don't have to cue them! (By the way, how's that boat "thing" coming along:evil: :evil: )? Oh, sorry about that, since you gave me an A+, teach, I take that back! Arrived in Minneapolis last night and stayed with aunt-in-law since weather was not that great. Was terribly disappointed to find that the piles of white stuff was not sand, but snow. However, I refused to be cowed by a little cold and brazenly wore my shorts off the plain and out into the cold to catch the shuttle.

Pat, my biggie set of holbeins was awaitin' and they are so beautiful I really don't want to use them and mess them up!!!! However, I can't gloat about EGPastels, since they still have not arrived even though I ordered them the night of the 24th. We'll see who gets theirs first????

I'm back, full of ideas, raring to go and first I have to finish my Landscape:eek: :eek: . Finish yours so I can cheat!

I have a ton of pics and will sort through and pick out a selection of the best (IMHO) and post them in an album in the Ref Lib and put a link here for those that want to visit the Isla vicariously. WOW! What a place! So much beauty, new and old. Could spend quite a while just painting things from this trip. Maybe some of you could help. An Isla Mujeres paint party!!!

Anyway, great to visit, had fun, but also glad to be home. Should have taken all the good advice about being more selective in what I took, but I guess we have to make our own mistakes. Frustrating having $5 set of Reeves when I would have traded it for just 4 or 5 NeoPastels!!!!! Less is more??

Went and picked up my lab, Zoey, and she was glad to see her PaPa!

Thanks to all of you for letting me share my trip with you along the way, I hope I didn't get too tiresome! I really wish you all could have been there. It would have been an awesome OP painting party!!! Maybe someday.

I'll shut up for now. Annie--hope you are feeling better and to tell the truth, your spanish is a lot better than mine! Pero, me gusta Isla Mujeres MUCHO!!!"

Adios y Buenos Tardes

Guillermo
:music: :heart: :music:

Artchrispy
03-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Hi Pat, Angela, and Professor Guillermo. :wave: I'm just happy to be able to sit on the door steps of greatness. :)

Scarefishcrow
03-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi Pat, Angela, and Professor Guillermo. :wave: I'm just happy to be able to sit on the door steps of greatness. :)

Think I'm going to have to go get my hipboots. Getting a little deep in here, Chris!!!!!

:wave: :music: :heart: :music:
Bill

Pat Isaac
03-04-2008, 09:02 AM
:lol: welcome back, Bill. I don't have my EGPs yet, but I tracked them and they were in Quebec somewhere last night. I only ordered them on Sat.
That whole set of Holbeins is awesome looking when new. I wouldn't want to touch them either.
The boat thing is coming along fine, in fact, I have an update that I will post soon. I won't be at my studio until tomorrow, today is gym day. I haven't done any more on the landscape or the pony.....BUT shall work on them a little tomorrow.
Big rain storm coming in here and there is a large danger of flooding up north, with their huge snow cover.
Guillermo???:lol:

Pat

Artchrispy
03-04-2008, 09:03 AM
Bill- Your susposed to say "You had me at hello."
Pat Good luck with the rain storm. Is your property in danger?

Pat Isaac
03-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Thanks, for you concern, Chris, but we are not in danger. No snow here and the pond in back is not a threat to us.

Pat

AngelaF
03-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Hi Pat, Bill and Chris. Raining alot here too. Fields soggy mess, will have to keep those horses and ponies in - that means double duty stall cleaning. Glad you had another good day in the studio, Pat. Glad you got back safely, Bill. I am still working on my sketches for the mural project. Get to work today then have to go into the city for a dental appointment, but will have lunch with a former co-worker, tomorrow. Have a good day all! Angela

Scarefishcrow
03-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Angela- I never got around to congratulating you on being selected for the mural project. What a great honor and I know it will be challenging, but fun.

Pat-- Guillermo is spanish for William (=Bill). Saw your boat update in your Getting Started thread and figure I'll be getting a shipment of canonballs back soon. I went to the Canadian Postal sight and best I can figure they are somewhere between here and Quebec, but I sure haven't figured out how to get any more info. Would be nice if you could get the detail like UPS has.

Chris (or should I say Jerry Maguire)--Your humor is sometimes more obtuse than mine (and mine gets pretty obtuse!!!
"Obtuse, did you say I was Obtuse??? Take him to the HOLE. I'll show you obtuse."
"What we have here is a faaaailure to communicate!"

"Miss Daisy, how you knows what I see less you can look out my eyes????"

"Stubborn he is, this young Artchrispy! Headstrong and foolhardy!!!"

Signing off,

"You know how to whistle. Just put your lips together and blow!"

:music: :music: :music: :music: :music:

Bill

Pat Isaac
03-04-2008, 04:05 PM
I'm still saving the canon balls......it's only the beginning.....:lol:

Pat

Artchrispy
03-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Hi Angela I'm sorry I never congratulated you either about the mural project either. How fun! Hope everything went ok with the dentist. I can never get out of the office with getting a lecture from the hygienist.

Hi Pat. Sorry I missed the part about the boats. I thought you didn't have to worry about the flooding? ;)

Hi Bill. :lol:

Spent another day dealing with car accidents. People are crashing out there. I recently had a teenager rearend someone because she was distracted while text messaging. Buckle Up!

Pat Isaac
03-05-2008, 08:41 AM
Chris, I do not have to worry about flooding here, the boats were in reference to my painting....:lol: We are now having a deluge of rain with thunderstorms....in March yet.
I'm off to the studio today and hope to get a lot more done. I will also be having a meeting of our artists organization there to start planning for the upcoming year.
Have a great day everyone.

Pat

Scarefishcrow
03-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Pat--Have you thought of taking some of those buoys and using them in your boat painting???:evil: :evil:

Might add some "floating color".

:rolleyes:
Did I really say that? I have no pride.

Bill

Pat Isaac
03-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Hmmmm....a thought ...floating color..:lol: :lol:

Pat

AngelaF
03-07-2008, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the congratulations Bill and Chris.

I am working on painting one of the two panels now. Have the sketches done for both of them. It is slow going, may rework some of the proportions on the one I am working on now.

I never made it to the dentist Wed.-- snow in the A.M. prevented me from getting there on time. Did have lunch with my former co-workers.

Got to work on painting the panel most of yesterday. Have chores down and hatches battened down for heavy snow today and tomorrow. As long as we don't lose electricity due to ice and wind, it should be a good painting day the rest of today and part of tomorrow. Supposed to attend an awards banquet (hers for barrel racing) tomorrow night -- dread going out in the weather, hopefully it will be better by then. Hope you all stay warm! Angela

Pat Isaac
03-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Glad you are getting work done on the murals, Angela. It certainly sounds like a big project. Hope you survive the weather, we are going to get 3" of rain from that storm....
Enjoy the awards.
Pat

Scarefishcrow
03-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Angela--
I wish I could have packed some of that sunshine up from Mexico and sent it around to all my WC friends suffering (as we are) through a cold and miserable winter.

Pat--I may have missed it, but I hope everything worked out with your husband's knee! Take care and keep well!

:music: :heart: :music:
Bill

Pat Isaac
03-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Well, the knee is still not great. Thanks for asking, Bill. The surgeon is trying other methods of treatment first before resorting to surgery. That is a good thing, but it will just take some time. He's doing therapy and a series of cortisone shots.

Pat