PDA

View Full Version : My Daughter

Holley
03-01-2008, 06:27 AM
I am slowly getting back into artwork since the birth of my daughter.
She is almost 11 weeks old already and I just adore her.
This is a portrait of her at 5 weeks old.
She is smiling more now and she babbles alot.
I feel a bit rusty with the pastels but am keen to get back into regular painting again.
Summer, 8x10 inches with pastel pencils. Thanks for looking :wave:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Mar-2008/28375-Summer_5wks_SP2.jpg

NickyW
03-01-2008, 07:29 AM
Hi Holley, firstly congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter, she is adorable. You are so very talented, she is just perfect in every way. I just love the way you have perfected the bib with the stitching so neat. Well done, enjoy every moment, they grow so quick..

Gail V
03-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Yes, congratulations!!! She is very adorable and you did a fantastic job on this - great smooth texture on her face.

nvcricket
03-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Hi Holley,

No wonder you haven't been around much, you certainly have your hands full. She is precious! Enjoy all of this time with your baby.
I really like this painting!

Carol

AliciaS
03-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Congratulation!! what a cutie!!

Paula Ford
03-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Congratulations Holley!! She is so beautiful!

Paula

*Violet*
03-01-2008, 04:30 PM
congratulations !!! .... she's adorable !! ... what a wonderful addition to your family! ... what's the darling's name? ... i'll bet her brothers love her to bits !! ... you've an absolutely lovely portrait of her for her first of many, no doubt !! ... hope mom's bounced back well ... appears to have from her painting !!

starlett
03-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Holly,
I was so happy to see the portrait of your daughter. It is just fabulous. babies are so difficult to do. I am working on one right now myself. I had just visited your website today and thought your work was absolutely beautiful. Your portraits are wonderful as well as all of the animal paintings. I hope to try my hand at animals in the future. Thank you for sharing your wonderful gift!

Tracer
03-01-2008, 08:31 PM
She is precious!! Great portrait of her!

Netty
03-01-2008, 11:10 PM
Holley!!! She is so gorgeous!!!so pretty... Congratulations on your new daughter, so good to have a little girl after two boys :D

And lovely to see your work again...

Annie:)

Holley
03-02-2008, 12:23 AM
Thank you everyone! I am so proud to show her off. I do hope I can find the time to get some more painting done, I already have something new planned. I will be sure to stop by and share it when I do :)

Carol - Yes I definately have my hands full, I have a 3 year old and a 7 year old as well. They do grow so quickly, I am enjoying her so much!

Violet - Her name is Summer and yes her brothers adore her. She is already very spoilt! I have bounced back as much as I can, I only have to find some time now to exercise away the weight I gained during the pregnancy.

Starlett - Thank you and thank you for visiting my site. I hope to update it when I have the time, I really appreciate your comments on my work!

Annie - Oh I am so happy to have a little girl after two boys!! We tried to find out the sex at our 19 week ultrasound and was told it looked like a girl but he was unsure, so we went through the rest of the pregnancy wondering if it really was? We were absolutely stoked when she was born. She is the first girl in my family since me so she is ultra special! I just love her so much!!!

*Violet*
03-02-2008, 01:03 AM
summer !! .... lovely name for your darling daughter !! .... so good to hear all your news ... will look forward to what you have planned but will understand if it takes a while to get to it !!! ... :) ...all the best to yas !!

soap
03-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Congratulations! Fantastic news. Got two little boys myself & paint them all the time. Hope you'll find the time to paint more too!
Wonderful portrait. But then, what is new from your front....:D :D....always a treat.

*Marina*
03-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Congratulations Holly. A beautiful portrait. Enjoy!

Willemke
03-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Congratulations Holly, she is so beautiful, and you did a beautiful job, her eyes are just gorgeous.

Merriel
03-02-2008, 07:43 PM
She is positively beautiful. and I know your two boys are fun. I loved raising two boys and one girl. Beautiful painting.

merriel

Paulafv
03-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Beautiful baby, sketch her every day, if only while she sleeps, 10-15 mins. and you will be glad you did and will have a sketch book to hand down much better than a baby book. If done on loose paper, put it in a note book and keep it with the stuff we keep for our kids...(Well, I only kept some things from the first two...but my daughter born 14 years after my youngest son is thrilled I had some clothes, toys and books to hand down to my only grand child, a girl.)

You will be getting some sketching experience, a small rest time and a memorable moment to keep forever.

sonita
03-02-2008, 10:59 PM
Congratulations :) summer is adorable...beautiful portrait!
Soni

Merethe T
03-04-2008, 03:35 PM
She's adorable, Holley! Great portrait, you haven't lost your touch! Enjoy every minute, they grow up so fast....

Merethe

CJMonty
03-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Holley she so beautiful. Glad you are enjoying her. How have the boys taken to her.

Love Carolynn :):):heart::heart::heart::heart:

Holley
03-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment on my baby girl. This is one portrait of many more to come, I can hardly wait till she is big enough to grow pigtails, wear fairy costumes etc, etc. Thanks again!!

maw-t
03-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Congratulations.. she is adorable! Such a blessing! Great job on the painting too!!