PDA

View Full Version : How to post images

Laura Brito
06-22-2002, 01:15 AM
Here is a picture of a bead that my daughter made last week, her work is just fabulous! She really gets great coloring in her beads and they are so special (even if I wasn't her Mom I would say that hehe)

There is a big community and I am hoping they will start participating here with our art as well!

Thanks! for the welcome!

Laura

b2beads
06-22-2002, 01:38 PM
Hi Laura! Cool forum. OK, how do I post a picture? Thought I did it right (see JT thread) but I don't see it... B2

Laura Brito
06-22-2002, 02:33 PM
b2beads

You need to at the end of the message you type, browse to the picture on your hard drive, once it is in the box you just hit submit reply and it should upload it, but the picture needs to be smaller than 500x400 I believe for it to work.

msue

We have been doing it now for about 7 years, my daughter is 19 soon to be 20 now! We really love it! I will have her post something her herself too!

Amy

Yes I should know how expensive it is! hehe, we do these things called Bead Exchanges and it is where 20 of us or more will get together and make 20 beads, send them to the hostess and then we all get back a bead from each participant! That is really neat, but some people don't like to do them, so those you have to buy if you want them in your collection! hehe

This bead is what I call an Anemone Bead

Thank you all!
Laura

margaretz
06-22-2002, 11:45 PM
This is my first post on Wet Canvas- I'm very impressed with this forum. Hopefully we'll see more hot glass artists here.
These are nowhere near as pretty as Laura's and Lluvia's beads, but I thought I'd post them anyways. I started lampworking about 5 months ago, and don't plan on ever stopping. The one to the far right is borosilicate, and the rest are moretti. Hope you like them. Input is greatly appreciated. ;)

margaretz
06-23-2002, 12:43 AM
Thanks, Laura! As soon as I made the post, I figured out what I did wrong... have a good evening! :cat:

artbabe21
06-23-2002, 12:19 PM
OMG-----these beads are making me salivate! Yummy colors and designs. Welcome all and I am so glad to see this art form here.
The frog bead your daughter made is too gorgeous with all the translucent colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How much fun it must be to share this interest!!!!!!! Keep posting I love seeing them! Will check eBay!
Cathleen~;)

b2beads
06-23-2002, 02:16 PM
Trust me, Amy - you could learn this! I'm nowhere near the skill level of Laura and her whole family, actually, but it is a lot of fun, rewarding and quite addictive. I highly recommend it. I started in January of this year and taught myself. There are LOTS of resources out there on "how-to", plus glass beadmakers are some of the most self-less, technique sharing folks I've ever met!

Here are a couple beads I made while experimenting with less "conventional" color combos. I pretty much use all "soft" glass (vs. boro, which is primarily what Laura and Lluvia use, I believe.)

B2

craftylady
06-23-2002, 04:43 PM
B2 those beads look great... What colors did you use if you don't mind me asking? They are different than the colors I normally see. The shop where I live that carries glass. They have a limited selection. I plan to order big one of these days. Thanks "L":cat:

b2beads
06-23-2002, 05:12 PM
I forget which moretti purple it is, but it's one of the opaques and NOT the EDP Purple (I think the darker one). I tried several of the reds and I think I like medium or dark opaque red the best. Also, in the two beads on the right, I used Sage (hmm, or was it Avocado?) and small amounts of silvered ivory. I almost ALWAYS use some silvered ivory in my complex twisties, but have learned to keep it to a minimum or it overwhelms the colors.

The reason I do put it in the twisties is that, when you later use the twistie, the silvered ivory "does it's thing" and prevents the twistie from looking just like stripes. If you WANT the strip look, don't add any silvered ivory.

The two beads on the left are just two color (you probably knew that) - the 2-tone purple is just purple's funky reaction with the red (and many other things!) It did keep wanting to turn metallic silver on me (reduce...)

BTW, I'm playing with Lauscha purple and red today and that purple, before striking (which is EASY to strike) looks like a moretti purple rod. But once it's struck - OMG it's gorgeous!

B2

rightbrainbeads
06-28-2002, 03:06 PM
hi everyone!

wow! i've spent the whole morning reading threads under glass art, and i haven't even gotten to any of the other areas here! this seems like a wonderful forum for artists! thank you laura for the time and effort you've put into getting a channel started for glass art! it's great to 'see' so many familiar faces here from the isgb forum...

i'm going to try and post a pic of some recent hollows... i *love* all of the pictures here!

thanks for the inspiration and support!

lynne

rightbrainbeads
06-28-2002, 03:21 PM
hmmmm.... can't figure out why my pic doesn't show up. have tried resizing it (it was too big at first), but can't think of anything else i might be doing wrong. any suggestions?

lynne

Modesto
06-28-2002, 03:23 PM
Is it under 100k in size?

Elankat
06-28-2002, 03:26 PM
File size can be an issue and also the format that you've saved it under. It needs to be a jpeg and under 100k.

If you need help, there is an FAQ in the New Users forum.

rightbrainbeads
06-28-2002, 06:14 PM
ok, here goes again. the pic i'm trying to attach is a jpg file, 56 kb in size. i've read the faq, and can't find anything there i'm doing wrong...

thank you for your help!

lynne

Elankat
06-28-2002, 06:21 PM
Lynne, are you using the attach file or the uploader tool?

Modesto
06-28-2002, 06:23 PM
Hey rightbrainbeads,

You can e-mail the photo to me and I'll
check it to make sure that's not the problem?

rightbrainbeads
06-28-2002, 06:31 PM
i've been trying to attach the file...

i *was* successful at entering a link (is that using the uploader tool?), so i'll post a link to a larger image of the beads on my i.s.p.'s server.

thanks again!

lynne

http://www.hdo.net/~hoppe/elegantwetcanvas.jpg

Modesto
06-28-2002, 06:33 PM
post for rightbrainbeads

The field you type in your message
"Message to edit:"
look below and the next field is
"Options:"
look below and the next field is
"Attachment:"
Click on the "Browse Button"
point to the file that is on your computer
that you wish to post.

rightbrainbeads
06-28-2002, 06:36 PM
thanks harold! how'd ya do that?!

lynne :clap:

rightbrainbeads
06-28-2002, 06:42 PM
oh whoops! i was so happy to see the pic, that i didn't even notice your step by step instructions!

that's exactly what i did, about ten times, but never could get a pic to show up...

lynne :confused:

Modesto
06-28-2002, 06:55 PM
Did a link something like below show up next to the browse button?

C:\temp\elegantwetcanvas.jpg

Then you clicked the "Submit Reply" button?

Did you get any error messages?

I added the step by step after posting your photo...via the edit button.

BTW, I love your beads! What type of beads are inbetween the spacers?

rightbrainbeads
06-28-2002, 07:21 PM
hi harold,

thank you for your help and the compliment!

here's what it says in the box next to 'browse':
C:\DocumentsandSettings\LynneHoppe\
Desktop\pictures\elegantwetcanvas.jpg. no, i don't get any error messages once i click on 'submit'. i get the message that says it is sending me to the post.

the spacers are vermeil ones that i bought on ebay last year, never used, and just happened to look so great with these beads...

on another note, since my last post i've read that we should start a new thread when we post pics- whoops! i feel like i should have read the instructions before getting so carried away with posting!

lynne

Modesto
06-28-2002, 07:30 PM
I just noticed the post too:eek:

I think they will understand that this site has many features that some might find intimidating at first. Once everyone gets past that first post...and feels welcome, I'm sure we will all fall into the structure. I'm sure we will be forgiven as long as we don't continue;)

llis
06-28-2002, 07:47 PM
Harold and others...

Please don't worry that you will break a rule or something like that. :D We all have been there and broken more "rules" than you will ever think possible. :D

Gosh, you should have seen me stumble and fall over over myself trying to learn even when the site did not even have a forum. :D

We all are just so glad to see each and every one and we want to help make it easy or easier for you to learn, so if you have any question at all, please do just jump in and ask. Believe me, all of us have asked those questions before and it never hurts to repeat them.

Here is a special link to how to post images that might help some further down the road.

How to post an image (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11929)

Have a good time!

Elankat
06-28-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by rightbrainbeads
on another note, since my last post i've read that we should start a new thread when we post pics- whoops! i feel like i should have read the instructions before getting so carried away with posting!

lynne

Lynne, I mainly made that request for a couple of reasons. Laura and I have talked, and I realize that it's the way everyone has operated in your other forums.

The biggest reason though is that there are a lot of people here who are trying to figure out which artist is doing a certain piece. We LOVE to post responses here at WC and to congratulate people on their pieces and give feedback. A lot of us non-bead people just find it easier to browse and comment on people's work if we can focus on just one artist.

Also, some of us tend not to check the thread after we've posted once or if it gets too big and confusing. :o I'm definitely guilty of that.

I just thought it would be good to ask for separate posts. There's a lot of work I'd like to comment on and look at, but I'm having a lot of trouble sorting it all out in my head in the big threads. :)

Modesto
06-28-2002, 08:11 PM
Dear Mom,
Can I call you Mom? With a face like yours, I am at your mercy:angel:
As I thought...you are a very practical bunch and can overlook newbie mistakes.
I think we all feel at home now, it's like being invited to live at your favorite Art Museum!

Hey LeAnne,
I understand...I wanted to reply to your post with the photo of you with your darling child but, couldn't find it anymore. Anyway...you prompted me to post a few pics of mine too in the "Reference Image Library".

llis
06-28-2002, 08:25 PM
LOL, yes, we are sooooo glad all of you are here!

We have so many questions and I've already learned quite a bit just looking at all the wonderful work.

As you might guess, lots of us have been here since this site was first started. Sometimes we forget how confusing it can be to someone that is just getting started with WC! Don't worry though, you will be a pro in no time at all.

:)

rightbrainbeads
06-29-2002, 03:54 AM
thank you *all*! i really appreciate it!

leanne, i only felt that you were giving us newbies a helpful tip-- thank you!

ok, i'm gonna give this another try...

lynne (yes! i can see from the preview that i've 'got' it! thanks again!)
:D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jun-2002/eclecticsmilewc.jpg

macbeth7
07-03-2002, 12:16 AM
Whoa, it does get confusing on this forum with so many pics in a post! Um, great work everyone...don't think I saw anything I didn't love! :D What a welcoming bunch here...great forum!! If I ever make it through the glass posts, I plan to venture to other areas. Certainly gets the creative juives flowing!

Beth