PDA

View Full Version : Northern VA classes

ButtonKnows
02-25-2008, 03:35 PM
Can anyone recommend a pastel instructor or classes in Northern VA (outside of DC). I'm interested in realistic portrait and animal painting as well as some landscapes -barns, old stone houses and still lifes...I could attend either private or group lessons. Or if anyone knows of a good workshop I could go to VA, PA, MD, DC, or WV for a weekend workshop OR if there's a workshop in ski country while there's still snow my husband could ski and I could workshop.
Thanks!

Shirl Parker
02-28-2008, 06:19 PM
BK, you might try looking in The Pastel Journal. I think they have like a classified section in the back with classes/workshops all over the country. If that doesn't work, look for the pastel societies in your area and contact them. Then try museums, like the Corcoran, who has classes and maybe they know of something. Maybe these suggestions will spark other ideas.

annepropst
02-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Another avenue might be your local Cheap Joes or Dick Blick type store. The one in Charlotte (Cheap Joes) has classes on a rotating basis. Also, our local university offers classes for adults in the arts without having to apply or enroll in the university.

Shirl Parker
02-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Here's a link to a list of Pastel Societies: http://www.pastelinternational.com/members/

ButtonKnows
03-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Thanks everyone. Corcoran has a class I might take. Pastel journal only has a few people coming to this area and most seem to be landscapes which aren't my main interest. It just seems there aren't many pastelists around here. I will try the pastel society too.