PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Scumble Feb 25 Thru Mar 2

K Taylor-Green
02-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Hi everyone! Welcome to the Scumble, our weekly chat thread where we share the happenings of our everyday lives!

I hope my fellow sickies are feeling better this week! I am on the mend, but still tire very easily. Seems it takes longer to get well as I get older!

We still have snow and some ice on the ground, but temps are getting milder. Soon comes the mud, again. Did I ever mention how much I hate mud!?

Paula Ford
02-25-2008, 02:02 PM
Hi Kate,
I'm glad you're feeling better...me too. Today is my first time back to work since last Tuesday. I'm finally starting to eat again, but the ole taste buds are still a bit wacky.

WC sure is having a hard time, isn't it? No images, slow loading...hope things get worked out soon. It's so frustrating when you have to wait for the pages to load. The site has been up and down a lot lately. Oh well, I need to learn some patience.

Have a great week!

Paula

K Taylor-Green
02-25-2008, 02:13 PM
Sigh, I don't have much patience either, Paula! I couldn't get on much yesterday.
Glad you're feeling better!

Deborah Secor
02-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Glad our sickies are improving. I sure hope that's across the board... so far I've avoided the illness going around, though I can sense my immune system at work--my glands are swollen and a little tender. I'm praying not to become ill!

WC is a mess! If your images are new today, they seem to show. Anything stale is gone... are we purging or something??? In other threads the siggie images were missing, but I can see Kate's and Paula's now. Maybe that's a good sign. (If we all get separated again, google the words WetCanvas refugees! We can meet up in another place.......if needed. :eek:)

Deborah

IdahoHat
02-25-2008, 02:41 PM
Thought UI would check in with WC this morning before I'm off to do errands (groceries, etc.) and, phoo, no images. Oh well, I'll check back in this afternoon. Hope it doesn't come to "WetCanvas Refugees! So glad everyone is beginning to feel better. See ya' later.

IdahoHat
02-25-2008, 02:42 PM
Don't know who UI is, but evidently he/she is checking in same time as me. :lol: Oh well, maybe I should check my spelling before hitting send.

Deborah Secor
02-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Or use the edit button early on, like I do on nearly every post! :lol:

Deborah

Pat Isaac
02-25-2008, 08:41 PM
Glad all of you sickies are better. I had my bout in December and declared no more.....Still having trouble with WC. Actually images posted later in the day are coming up, but the early ones are still not there.

Pat

Paula Ford
02-25-2008, 10:41 PM
You guys, if you want a good, hard laugh, watch this. It takes a minute, so give it a chance, you will just die laughing!!! Turn your speakers up to hear what they're laughing about LOLOLOL!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Y4keqTV6w

Paula

CM Neidhofer
02-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Glad most everyone is feeling better. I know I'm feeling much better.
But that didn't happen until two days after I finished the antibiotic. It was a very weird illness. One day I would feel a little better, and that afternoon, turn quickly and the whole room would spin and I'd feel weak and dizzy again with a headache. Took a good two weeks to feel back to normal. At least we're on the mend! :thumbsup:

OH! Almost forgot. Leaving Sunday night for vacation in Florida. We're stopping somewhere around New Orleans for a night and then on to Florida to visit my older son. Haven't seen him in over three years now. While we're in Florida, we're taking a quick jaunt down to Key Largo. After living in Florida for almost 20 years, I still have never seen the Keys, so we're hoping for maybe a sunset cruise and dinner and a drink in Key Largo, spend the night and work our way back to the Tampa area again. :clap:

Christine

bogbeast
02-26-2008, 01:40 AM
Paula, that is just hilarious--I laughed myself hoarse! Thank you, thank you, thank you--I desperately needed the laugh!

I'm sorry to hear so many have been so sick lately! Thankfully, we have avoided the bugs so far, although guess it isn't because we got flu shots this year.

I'm single parenting for a week while my partner attends a grief recovery training and conference, and I'm about ready to do something jump off a cliff or something! Olivia, at 3, wants to control the world. Eli, at 2, is practicing defiance any time he isn't either screeching over stolen toys or pestering his sister. and they are perfecting techniques for colluding behind my back and getting into mischief whenever possible. Unfortunately, my patience just is not very great right now...

I am edging towards getting back into some painting--I just won some Mt visions on E-bay, and am doing a little water study (with colored pencils because I don't have the oomph to spread out my pastels and have to put it all away again within an hour because of the kids). Just blowing up a picture of some ripples, to get a sense of the shapes and shadows, nothing fancy. It's a start, though.

Christy, if you have a chance, consider taking a glass-bottom boat ride while you are in the Keys. My son and I did (oh deary me, was it really 18 years ago?!?!) and it was fun, even if not on the scale of some of the more famous coral reefs--we saw barracudas, and fish that I usually associate with aquariums.

have a good week, all!

Paulafv
02-26-2008, 11:34 PM
Returning to pastels now that my grand daughter is three and I'm not babysitting full time. She'll be off to pre-school if she makes the lottery for the limited openings provided in the school system for a fee.

I have some Rembrandts and Senneliers, Nupastels and Schminkes. ordered 100 portrait colors in Senns and am betwixt and between whether to get 72 Professional Unisons or 100 Pure Tones Senns, around $200 each. Have to decide tomorrow when the coupon for 15% runs out and the sale ends on Friday. Rembrandts are also on sale in the 15% off mix for 90 landscapes.

So, Pure Tones Senns (wood), 72 Unisons, Rembrandts...so many choices, my money should be multiplying instead of disappearing in dust...Would appreciate your opinions.

Paula

David Patterson
02-27-2008, 12:54 AM
I'm glad the sickos...oops, sickies, are feeling much better.

The following isn't pastel related, but it is what I've been up to lately...plus you all seem to enjoy viewing them when I post.:)

Thought I'd share with you what I did last weekend. The following paperweights were all commissioned pieces. They are about 4-4.5" tall, and 3-3.5" wide. You can see better images, if you go to my blog and click on these same photos. Enjoy!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Feb-2008/65479-Blues2wc.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Feb-2008/65479-bluesAwc.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Feb-2008/65479-Feb25GA2wc.jpg

CM Neidhofer
03-03-2008, 01:20 AM
Hi Everyone,

We left Sunday morning for our trip to Florida. We got out of Colorado in the beginning of a major snow storm. There was already 6-8" of snow by 8 a.m. We're in Wichita Falls, TX tonight. Tomorrow we will go on to Lake Charles, LA and spend a night there. Then on to Florida on Tuesday. We're running behind/ahead of thunder/snow storms! My son assures me the weather is 80 degrees and not very humid in Florida and that we'll have nice weather while we're there. I'm feeling the humidity already tonight in TX!!! I'll be taking lots of pics. We're going to spend a day at Bush Gardens and still hoping to make a run down to Key Largo. Not sure how our time there works our for that, but we're going to try. Hope everyone is feeling much better and I should have a lot of incentive for new paintings when I return!!

Christine