PDA

View Full Version : A major problem -- NO IMAGES

johndill01
02-25-2008, 11:35 AM
There is a problem with WC this morning. No images are downloading in any of the threads. In addition, the contact us link takes the user to the help page instead of a place to contact WC. Just for information, I have accessed these pages with two different browsers, so it's not an issue of something set wrong in a browser.

John

CM Neidhofer
02-25-2008, 11:51 AM
What's up with WC???!! I was offline for some time and just got back last Tuesday. Seems WC is down more than it's up lately. Two mornings in a row now I either can't get into the site, or we have this morning's problem of no images, after I once again couldn't sign into the site. Getting a little annoying. I hope the glitches are a product of upgrading for us and not just neglect.

Christine

mrking
02-25-2008, 12:22 PM
Yup. still as of 8:21am PST there are still no images.

pastellar
02-25-2008, 12:57 PM
Thought it was me! Didn't look at Wc yesterday, and today, NO PICS!!! Hope this is sorted soon, or I shall have withdrawal symptoms!!!

Regards
Diane

Deborah Secor
02-25-2008, 01:55 PM
There's this thread in WC Site Discussions...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480129

I suspect we're all going to need to be patient and hope that the admins/technicians get this resolved quickly! Meanwhile, I guess we'll have to TALK about art instead of looking at it! An interesting challenge. :rolleyes:

Interestingly, NEW images posted now show... Guess we need to post new stuff to talk about. Hmmmmm...

Deborah

Deborah Secor
02-25-2008, 02:01 PM
testing 1-2...testing...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Feb-2008/23609-DSCN7421.JPG

Checking to see if this works...

Deborah

davidcar
02-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Deborah,

Your beautiful rose shows up for me, but not your sig picture or anyone else's images (on any forum)...just your rose. It IS very special.

David C

Deborah Secor
02-25-2008, 02:12 PM
I noticed that the siggie line for Jackie Simmonds (in another thread) showed the images, but no on else's. I don't have any pix in mine.

Oh, thanks, David. It's an old painting...but it was at hand, so I posted it. Hey, at least we have something to look at! :D

Deborah

davidcar
02-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Deborah,

Your rose picture which was there 3 hrs. ago, has now been replaced by a question mark just like everyone else's images and username pics.

David C

johndill01
02-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Just got back in from running some errands and Deborah's pic has disappeared. I don't even get the image box or a question mark.

I just checked out some of the other threads that are 2 - 3 days old and they are loading correctly. The post's that I was accessing this a.m. are no longer here. Must have been a problem with them. so guess that we're back to working at least a little.

John

Deborah Secor
02-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Can you imagine being the techie who is pulling out hair trying to get the pix back online? I mean, I know when my computer misbehaves I go nuts. It's gotta be a million times worse when you have 150,000 people waiting for you to get it right! :eek:

Deborah

nvcricket
02-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Ok,

I'll fess up. I was entering a new thread late last night and couldn't get my image to upload. I tried and tried...it was a scanned image. This was a first for me. So something I did screwed everyone up. Sorry. Just kidding. I hope it wasn't me. I was finally able to upload it as an attachment. Then it disappeared this morning when I checked. I thought it was on my end. Good to hear I'm not the only one with this problem

Carol

CJMonty
02-26-2008, 08:37 PM
No rose here Deborah :confused::confused:

Love Carolynn

mrking
02-28-2008, 10:30 AM
Feb 28 @ 6:30am PST there are no images again.

It is interensting to note that images are visable in the Oil Painting forum, but not here in Pastels. odd.

ElsieH
02-29-2008, 10:26 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Oh, thanks to all of you! I feel SO MUCH better!:clap: :clap: :clap:
I was sure it was some stupid thing I was doing!
I have lost whole postings when I try to upload etc.
And it has taken so long to get into the WC site on many occasions lately.
My heart goes out to the tech crew and getting things straighted out.
They must be really busy, they have not responded (past the automatic response) to my messages.:eek:
But, WC is such a vital learning part of my artistic life, that I NEED it to run
smoothly!
Thanks all!:heart:
Hope all settles down soon!