PDA

View Full Version : Want to see my pencil holder?

Elankat
06-28-2002, 02:13 PM
See how spoiled I am? My husband made this vase and didn't like it. It has now become my pencil holder.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Jun-2002/pencil1.jpg

Here is a better picture without the pencils in it so that you can see the color and pattern.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Jun-2002/pencil2.jpg

I'm trying to get him to sign up, but he is griping about how he'll just get frustrated because he can't blow right now and will want to if he reads the glass forum. *sigh* Those moody artists. :D

generationsglass
06-28-2002, 02:25 PM
That is beautiful!

What's not to like about it. Hey if he does another and doesn't like it let me know!(hint, hint)hehe

But then again I am the same way, my wife has so many little beads, perfume bottles, vases, etc. that she finds in my trash can that I am not happy with. She'll usually fuss at me for throwing them out and not telling her about them first.

Here is a pic of one of the salvaged pieces.

Elankat
06-28-2002, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the compliment. I'll be sure to relay it to him, and your piece is very lovely.

I don't mean any offense, but as I requested earlier in this forum, I think it would be best if we all start new posts when displaying images. I'm not sure if this is done on other glass forums, but it's sort of an unspoken rule that people try to follow in the WetCanvas forums. Obviously, the "show us your work" threads or threads requesting instruction aren't done this way, but I think it is very important for threads in which one artist is trying to show or seek comments on their work.

I'm sorry and I'm not trying to jump on you, but I think that posting lots of different pieces by different artists in the same thread gets confusing. I also think it is unfair to the artist who's work was originally posted, since it sort of steals their limelight or may prevent others from adequately focusing or commenting on their work.

I hope you understand. I hesitate to even post this because I really don't want to cause any offense. :) I'd just like to see this forum get off to a good start that allows everyone to really get to know the individual artists here. :D I guess since the forum has no mods, if everyone else here feels differently, they can just tell me to shut up. :)

JustjoGA
06-28-2002, 03:34 PM
Elankat... I also hope no one takes offense at your reminder... they will soon be used to how we do things, but til then... a little gentle nudge isn't out of line...

By emphasizing that a new thread will showcase THEIR OWN WORK... hopefully this will be taken as intended.