PDA

View Full Version : Church In The Wild

MCARTERMLB
02-23-2008, 09:02 PM
OK, Here is another one i'm making up as I go. It's good practice.
I have already changed it once, as you can see, the one below is what it was going to be. On the lower one, the rocks, and trees, and numerous other things were not done, but I was'nt sure were I was going with it yet, and i'm still not sure. With it being winter, i'm kind of stuck on winter scenes. As for the new one, it's no where near done, the water and the tree on the left need to be finished, and the church has to be detailed, and something else that i'm not sure of yet, but it will probably be some kind of animal.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Feb-2008/131792-CHURCH_IN_THE_WILD_2.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Feb-2008/131792-C_I_T_W.jpg

bchlvr
02-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Like both of them...can't wait to see "where you go" with it.

standupguy
02-23-2008, 09:09 PM
To my eye, that's a huge improvement over the previous, the dark sweeping stream taking your eye right to the church and adding a lot of drama. Might consider keeping that dark value to contrast against the snow. Great work, thanks for sharing.

Artchrispy
02-23-2008, 09:33 PM
I kinda liked the first one better. Has a surreal quality. Does the tree stump really look like that. It looks like something out of Alice In Wonderland. I really like it.:thumbsup:

MCARTERMLB
02-24-2008, 12:09 AM
Thanks everyone! As for the tree stump, I can't remember what kind of tree it is, it was something I watched one time in a Yarnell lesson on the study of trees. Of course, the tree is a bit emphasized.

LavenderFrost
02-24-2008, 02:42 PM
I like the winter scene better, except the green leaves on the trees doesn't quite go.

edtree
02-25-2008, 05:03 AM
:wave: I really like where you're going with this! The winter scene has a lot more impact - especially the white hill. I really don't think your church needs much more detail. Maybe just a hint of a door and a few windows is all. The lighting you have on it is fantastic!

You might want to take another look though at the trees in the background. For a winter scene, there would be no green. Mostly just bare branches except for the pines.

The composition of the piece is wonderful - I look forward to seeing what you do with the stream! :D

Elizabeth

MCARTERMLB
02-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Thanks everyone! As for the trees, you are absolutely right. I have'nt worked on it since adding the snow, so the trees are the same, but I will be changing them. THANK YOU!