PDA

View Full Version : Orange Rose

Vanche
02-22-2008, 03:43 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Feb-2008/125813-100_0356.jpg Just finished this one.This is my first attempt for a bigger floral.Actually not so big-12x12on canvas board.My goal was to practise blending.CxC appreciated.

Ms.Understood
02-22-2008, 05:26 PM
The blending is really well done. I thought it was colored pencils at first, just cause you can see a bit of the texture of the canvas. This is great as is, colors, composition, the blending, etc. If you wanted to, I think you could pop it up a noch by making the darks a tad darker. You could further soften the shading the canves shows with a few more layers of those blends, but it just depends on how far you want to go with the blending. I do love this color scheme.

Vanche
02-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Thank you Jenny for your comments and suggestions.I had really hard time with the darks.I am not very happy with the left side of the painting.

Fainsbert
02-22-2008, 09:38 PM
I think you did nice job on the blending, Vanche. If the left side bothers you, maybe a dark orange blend on the left side instead of the red? Just a thought. I like it the way it is, myself.
Lucie

Ms.Understood
02-22-2008, 10:05 PM
I had really hard time with the darks.I am not very happy with the left side of the painting. What don't you like? The good thing about acrylics is nothing is ever written in stone...If your talking about the left side as you view it, IMO you might extend the lip of that petal touching the edge so it lightly crops, so it doesn't seem squished in, as well as a touch more highlight, to make it seem more connected overall.

Heston
02-22-2008, 10:12 PM
Like how defined all the petals, the warms colors, really appeals to me.

gurleygirl
02-22-2008, 11:56 PM
I love the colors.
Tracey

Artchrispy
02-23-2008, 12:20 AM
Hi It's very pretty and the colors work!
I'm not sure if it's intended but I see a Picasso- like face in profile in the lower right had corner in one of the petals. It's sort of staring down. I can't stop looking at it. Maybe I finally caught that flu.;)

~~Kathleen
02-23-2008, 02:12 AM
Holy Cats!
I see the face as well....Nope it is not the Flu!:lol:
~~Kathleen

Fainsbert
02-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Good Grief! It's catching! I also see the face.
Lucie

LavenderFrost
02-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Nice colours. I know it always feels good to be done, but if you don't feel satisfied, just work on it some more. More layers may be just what it needs.

Vanche
02-26-2008, 11:13 PM
Thank you guys for your encouragement and support.
Jenny,what i dont like on the left side of the painting is that the transition from lights to darks is not as smooth as i would like to.i thought on some point i got it and then overdid it.
Thank you heston and Tracey.
Artchrispy,ynutp and Lucie,you ,guys,have rich imaginations.Now i can see Picasso/the face/,but it did not happen on purpose.Anyway i am not going to delete it-it will be the little special secret of the painting.
Thank you LavenderFrost,i am not a very good fixer-upper but may try to lighten up the left side with a couple of layers.

Linee
02-27-2008, 01:02 AM
Very pretty. Nice background color. I like how my eye starts in the center and gradually moves toward the outer area. Personally, I wouldn't change a thing.

susme48
02-27-2008, 01:23 AM
Beautiful colors..hard to see what to change....I like the secret face...lol.

Vanche
02-27-2008, 03:07 PM
Thank you Lenee and susme48 for your feed back.You made me feel better fighting my doubts about my painting