PDA

View Full Version : Lighting The Way

MCARTERMLB
02-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally by Thomas Kinkade, his is a whole lot better than mine I might add. (I know ya'll know that, but I'm just letting everyone know, that I know, I have a LONG way to go) Well, here it is! I don't know, maybe number 3 or 4 out of my measly 5 paintings. I can't wait to get to, let's say, 50 paintings, and maybe I can gain 1/8 of a portion of the skill that Thomas Kinkade has, or maybe even Norman Rockwell. Yea I know, some people call Rockwell an illustrator and Kinkade a, well, I don't know what they say about him, Nothing I hope! Illustrator? I dont get it! It's a painting and it's art and most of us wish we could paint that GOOD! "I know I do". I bet they never saw some of his serious stuff, just the everyday prints. Oh well, here it is, live from central Calif. it's, well, it's pretty yellow looking because, I took the pic inside, AGAIN, most of these you see were photographed at about the same time, with bad YELLOW lighting. It was painted with a little bit of difference than the original, due to the fact that I don't have that kind of skill. You sure do appreciate the talent of another when you try to do it. The crop cut the bottom of the pic off, sorry. Thank You for viewing, and thank you for all your critiques. Be as harsh as you wish.:eek:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Feb-2008/131792-Lighting_the_way_1.jpg

Artchrispy
02-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Pretty outstanding especially for your fifth painting!

Ms.Understood
02-22-2008, 05:30 PM
Pretty outstanding especially for your fifth painting!
I second that! Your goal is to be as good, but it won't be long until your better if you keep this up!:wink2:

Wojdo
02-22-2008, 07:17 PM
This looks really good I don't know why other artists put down Kinkade I personally admire his success.

He's a good artist, if you look at all of his work you can't deny his skill, he has a great plein air collection.

Heston
02-22-2008, 08:23 PM
I like your painting, can you worked really hard on it. Especially like the stone work.

LavenderFrost
02-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Lovely work. I also like Thomas Kinkade, but what I envy most is his marketing skills.